Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Main Event great for character development, but will it last?

View Single Post

Old 10-18-2012, 12:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Macho Minion
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Macho Minion should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsMacho Minion should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsMacho Minion should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsMacho Minion should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsMacho Minion should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Main Event great for character development, but will it last?

I'm old-school. I don't live in the Attitude Era, I live in the Golden Era. I miss the days when feuds and characters were built in a more organic way.

And so, I sit here with The Main Event playing on the DVR and it's pretty obvious what WWE is attempting. They recognize their roster hasn't been properly developed and fans haven't been able to connect with them like in days past, so Main Event is a showcase, a "deep dive" into the featured personalities. I'm seeing pictures from Kofi Kingston's early days, a promo that's weaving between reality and kayfabe.

From a pure wrestling perspective, this is a very good move by WWE.

But I fear it won't "stick." I fear I'm in the minority of fans that want actual depth on the entertainment side of the equation (not what passes for depth on most eps of RAW these days), and this experiment may be dead on arrival.

What say you?