Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-17-2012, 11:13 AM   #1654 (permalink)
Rock316AE
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO

Rock316AE Rock316AE Rock316AE Rock316AE Rock316AE Rock316AE Rock316AE Rock316AE Rock316AE Rock316AE Rock316AE
Default Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
I don't want Rock to revert completely back to how he was 10 years ago. Obviously, his character has evolved since then but my only criticism is that, at times, I do feel like we've got Dwayne Johnson the person instead of The Rock the character. It's partially the fault of that stupid ass Cena/Rock, I'm sorry, John/Dwyane, program they gave to us earlier this year that enabled it to happen. I don't want to see Dwayne trying to get shit to trend on twitter for 15 minutes out of a 20 minute promo and then he spends the last 5 minutes being The Rock. I'd much rather he be what he was in his first return promo in 2011. That's the Rock I personally want to see but he doesn't get to be that Rock when they put him in these ridiculous shoot style feuds. I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing Dwayne/Phil by the time the Rumble rolls along instead of a kickass Rock/Punk program over the WWE title. Oh joy.
Don't get this part, Rock cut over 20 promos since he came back, he talked about Twitter exactly 2 times. One in Boston in November to get over the "Boots To Asses" slogan, which was a great segment with Miz and Truth. And one in February when he just randomly used it as part of his promo on Cena, "CenaMissingBalls" IIRC.

The Rock:
"The Rock is Dwayne Johnson with the volume turned all the way up". Always will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
What do you guys think of the below?

Didn't Rock used to do the arm flick and eyebrow when he stood at the titantron and also on the turnbuckle? seems they left that out except for the eyebrow turnbuckle, Rock's face looks a little strange as well.

That's actually looks good. Especially the titantron in the background and the dark arena. The overall numbers they gave are comedy. Selling point here is The Rock's classic 1999 Adidas tracksuit. Their People's Elbow is horrible.

EA needs to do a wrestling game, I'm sure they will do a much better job.

Last edited by Rock316AE : 10-17-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Rock316AE is offline   Reply With Quote