Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Poll - Obama (D) vs Romney (R) - Vote
View Single Post
post #322 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 01:36 AM
MethHardy
Humbled

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Poll - Obama (D) vs Romney (R) - Vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamillePunk View Post
Well you didn't really support anything you said with sources but I'll (generously) answer what I can with what I know. You will have to expand on a few things however.

Regarding being anti-gay, Ron Paul is actually in favor of getting government out of the marriage business entirely, leaving anyone free to marry who they please. Sounds like a win for gay people to me.

As far as being racist: Austin, Texas' NAACP president Nelson Linder has stated he doesn't believe Ron Paul is a racist at all, having heard him speak out against police oppression of black communities, and describing Martin Luther King as a personal hero of his. Doesn't fit with the depiction of a "racist" in my view.

This is true, yet he's against allowing the federal government to decide the issue. In other words Paul isn't looking to push his abortion views on the country, as he feels it isn't a government issue.
Gonna need you to EXPAND on that one.
Americans should have the right to decide for themselves what they put into their bodies. You have a problem with this, but were criticizing him as against civil rights? How inconsistent of you.
Well the second half of your statement is untrue as he supports all type of schools but how could anyone NOT be against the education system as it is? The quality of education in America has absolutely plummeted in recent years. This is a DETRACTION for you?
The man who supports stem cell research is against science? Tell me more.

Yeah Ron Paul would cut the shit out of NASA, but not because he's anti-Science. He wants to open space exploration to the private sector instead of maintaining the current government monopoly. Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

As for global warming, I don't recall him saying it's not "real". He's said there are far more pressing matters such as the financial crisis and the wars. Hard to disagree there.

But the more accurate term is "non-interventionist". Here's a good quote:

"There's nobody in this world that could possibly attack us today... we could defend this country with a few good submarines. If anybody dared touch us we could wipe any country off of the face of the earth within hours. And here we are, so intimidated and so insecure and we're acting like such bullies that we have to attack third-world nations that have no military and have no weapons."
Completely untrue. He's against government-funded healthcare because it leads to higher healthcare costs and a lower quality of care. He is NOT for turning people away who can't afford health insurance, at all. So there isn't an ounce of truth to what you said there.

Well you didn't land a single point so, yes, you should definitely post more if you hope to make this case.

Protecting people with disabilities from discrimination in being hired i meant.
cant afford healthcare he won't turn you away but will watch you go bankrupt instead? ok.
yes he did deny global warming and evolution as truth.
Americans should have a right to put whatever into their bodies? Okay fine go lock yourself in a cell do all the drugs you want and die i dont care. problem is drug users end up hurting everyone around them. Some drugs must remain illegal.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome