Wrestling Forum banner

Dolph Ziggler is bland

9K views 81 replies 64 participants last post by  Gandhi 
#1 ·
is it me or do u guys think dolph zigger just doesnt stand out enough to be a main eventer? i dont think the crowd gives a shit about him, the only reactions he gets is because of vicky guerero who is an annoying bitch, but for me hes just a copy off billy gunn!

#24 ·
Ziggler needs more individual mic time for me to make a better evaluation whether he's a fitting ME guy or just another midcarder. During his heel segments in Ryders show he's pretty good and he has a unique way of talking (rambling, but still innovative), however he ranges from good to disappointing on RAW or SD whenever he gets the mic. I'd put him into a sink or swim situation by giving him a lot of airtime to develop his persona. If he makes something entertaining out of it I don't see why he shouldn't become one of the top 6 guys in the company, however if he doesn't have the personality to connect to the broader audience I'd put him in the midcard, if that's where he belongs.

#25 ·
I like Ziggler but yes, he is relatively bland. A good wrestler and okay on the mic but that's about it. As others have said he's basically Billy Gunn, only better in the ring, and I don't think he'll ever be a world champion.

...Well okay he probably will be but that's because WWE's bookers suck and hot potato the titles around. He'll never be a main stay in the main event though I believe. Ziggler will be a great midcarder though.

#26 ·
I don't have a problem with Ziggler, but he is what he is, or rather what the WWE wants him to be; A great bump machine with a mouthpiece. Can he talk? Yeah, he just isn't great, but neither are a lot of superstars nowadays. Is he bland? To a certain degree, but he isn't involved in too many things other than having a MITB contract. They have made him no threat to cash it in at any time, and that's pretty much what he has to work with; trying to convince the audience he will be WHC. I'll be honest, I can't even buy that myself knowing he will.

#27 ·
Re: dolp ziggler is bland

I agree fully OP. He's not horrible on the mic, not at all, but he's too bland. Same ol' generic crap that you expect from a Heel. "Im the best, i'm the show off, i should be world champion". Generic. \M Punk had abundance of Charisma and the best mic skills in the company, so it worked for him, but it want work someone with average charisma and average mic ablities like Dolph.

#28 ·
The Billy Gunn rip off just flat out sucks. He has no charisma, his only stand outs is a bleached hair and his over selling which just makes him look like a bitch. I find The Miz more entertaining than this guy and I fucking hate The Miz with a passion.

#36 ·
ziggler is okay in the ring to me and has always has been too good to be a jobber but dont see him as a main eventer yet and it is due to 3 big factors 1.his finisher scream jobber zig zag and the sleeper cmon 2.being held back by vickie she has more heat than him 3 his gimmick is cocky heel its great for mid card main event he needs to stand out more but look at how batista character evolved and john cena orton so he has time to be great

#45 ·
is it me or do u guys think dolph zigger just doesnt stand out enough to be a main eventer? i dont think the crowd gives a shit about him, the only reactions he gets is because of vicky guerero who is an annoying bitch, but for me hes just a copy off billy gunn!

And I wasn't able to find other videos of how over the guy is,The guy got cheers over ORTON at Night Of Champions for goodness sakes.

In short sweetheart,Your post is nothing but dog shit.

#47 ·
Bland? I don't know if bland is the right word. I would use the word stupid. If he thinks he can come and shake his ass like that, date Amy Schumer and get the respect from rugged wrestling fans? Then he is stupid.

Cody Rhodes is a guy who is bland. Bland but not stupid like Ziggler.

#48 ·
Dolph Ziggler has one of the best gimmicks in the WWE right now "THe Show off" and has great mic skills and in ring abilities.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ziggler became a top face or heel of the WWE, but he needs to lose Vickie maybe pair him up with Heyman or Flair

#49 ·
Dolph Ziggler has one of the best gimmicks in the WWE right now "THe Show off" and has great mic skills and in ring abilities.
Showing off could be a good gimmick, but the problem is that The Miz shows off, Cody Rhodes shows off, CM Punk shows off and even Michael McGillicutty shows off. The only difference is that Dolph Ziggler moves the hips before doing a neckbreaker. What a standing out moment.

And by the way, I'm with cablegedon, Cody Rhodes is incredibly bland.

#57 ·
He isn't a copy of Billy Gunn just because he has blonde hair and occaisionally uses the Fameasser as a setup move.

Ziggler is much better in the ring than Gunn, and he's also better on the mic. That's about as relevant as calling any chubby black guy a D-Lo Brown clone., or any powerhouse fat guy with a little bit of agility a King Kong Bundy clone.

Anyway, I agree that his current character and storyline are bland. Ziggler himself isn't bland, but he's simply not able to really do anything except the same thing. He needs to be put into some sort of actual storyline so we can see his personality, or to turn face so he can do the extra typical face things that get cheers.

The guy himself has potential though. He's already "there" in terms of ring skills and is in good physical shape. His look is pretty good too. It's all about improving a little on the mic, and otherwise it's pretty much just booking after that. Needs a new, more exciting finisher, needs actual storylines and fueds that don't suck or end as soon as they begin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.