Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 4 (FINAL FOUR)

View Single Post

Old 10-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #32 (permalink)
Choke2Death
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania

Choke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 4 (FINAL FOUR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif-N-Wessun View Post
The only Jay-Z album i would truly call garbage is Kingdom Come. Plus he's put out mad classics, more than most MCs can claim. As for one dimensional, yeah brag rap is his main thing, but he's no more one dimensional than B.I.G. Hell, he's more versatile than elites like Pun n Redman.
His only "mad classic" is Reasonable Doubt IMO. The Blueprint and The Black Album are great, then there are some decent ones like Blueprint 2 (although it's loaded with some filler), Vol 1 In My Lifetime and American Gangster. Then there's some trash like Hard Knock Life (not the song), Life and Times of S. Carter, Kingdom Come and Blueprint 3. The difference between Jay and others like BIG and Redman is the fact they have less than 10 albums between them which doesn't match Jay's # of albums in his discography. And with that said, I wouldn't have ranked those two above Jay either so maybe I'm just not feeling one-dimensional rappers that much. Or maybe I do if they come out with awesome one-liners and get totally awesome beats in the background. Which might explain why I love a lot of west coast rap even though some of them like DJ Quik, MC Eiht and Too $hort rarely talk about many different topics. But I don't rank them highly as MCs, though.

Last edited by Choke2Death : 10-16-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Choke2Death is online now   Reply With Quote