Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #1592 (permalink)
DoubleDeckerBar
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches

DoubleDeckerBar is getting a pushDoubleDeckerBar is getting a pushDoubleDeckerBar is getting a pushDoubleDeckerBar is getting a pushDoubleDeckerBar is getting a pushDoubleDeckerBar is getting a pushDoubleDeckerBar is getting a pushDoubleDeckerBar is getting a pushDoubleDeckerBar is getting a pushDoubleDeckerBar is getting a pushDoubleDeckerBar is getting a push
Default Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
When they say that, what they mean is that you can't win via DQ or countout. They don't mention KO's because NO main eventer loses by KO, ever, it's just not a way that they end matches because it's anti-climactic. Theoretically, if that happened, they would have to give him the title. How do you keep the title if you've been beaten into unconsciousness? Getting knocked out would become a heel cliché to win matches.

Besides, I don't think it matters because in a HIAC, they probably just wouldn't count a KO and continue it until there was a pin or submission.
I know what you;re saying, but they've been stating for years that the only way a Title can change hands is via pinfall or submission, I can see them exploiting that as a way to keep the belt on Punk, keep Ryback undefeated, and further portray Punk as a undeserving Champion who doesn't deserve respect.

Say Ryback knocks Punk out, ref stops the match, gives Ryback the Title, PPV ends, everybody goes home thinking Ryback is the Champion. The next night on Raw Punk comes out with Paul, WWE rule book in hand, they quote what WWE have been saying for YEARS "In Championship matches, the Title can only change hands by pinfall or submission" then Ryback is forced to reluctantly give Punk the belt back. It's literally win-win for them, Punk keeps the Title, Ryback stays undefeated, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see this happen, especially considering it's never been done before, Vince is big on them kind of things.
I realise where they're going and that WWE will push Roman Reigns straight to the top. However for me, Dean Ambrose is by far the most talented in that group and I think eventually if they just give him the spotlight then he's going to shine. As soon as he touches a mic everyone else can just sit down as he's magic on it. So It remains to be seen, I think they're all talented but to me Dean was the star of that group. I think Roman looks like the star of that group but I don't think he's nearly as talented as Dean.

- Batista

Last edited by DoubleDeckerBar : 10-16-2012 at 10:21 AM.
DoubleDeckerBar is offline   Reply With Quote