Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Rebook a WrestleMania

View Single Post

Old 10-16-2012, 09:11 AM   #46 (permalink)
the modern myth
GET MY BAGS

the modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a push
Default Re: Rebook a WrestleMania

Wrestlemania 23

CM Punk vs Kennedy
A solid opener. Two great talkers, they could've put on a decent enough feud to build up to a Wrestlemania show down. I'd book Punk to get the win in a 10 minute match.

Extreme Rules Match
The Hardys vs Sabu & Rob Van Dam
This would be an extreme rules type match - plenty of high spots and extreme action. I'd book Sabu & RVD to win this, establishing them as a tag team in the WWE. They were a decent team in ECW and I'd have them showing off their stuff against the WWE's Team Extreme. This would be a relatively short match - maybe 10 minutes - but would competed under no DQ rules.

Randy Orton vs Edge
This match seemed such an obvious choice for Wrestlemania that I can't believe it wasn't booked. Following the break up of Rated RKO, these two clashing in a heel vs heel match would've been white hot and could've done great things for both of their careers. Such a shame it never happened. I'd give Edge the win, retaining his Wrestlemania streak for a future streak vs streak with Undertaker. I'd give this match a lot of hype leading up to Wrestlemania, and would book it as a solid 25 minute match, giving both men the opportunity to tell a story and really excell.

Tag Team Championship Match
Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas
Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas were a great tag team. Paul London & Brian Kendrick were in the midst of an epic title run at this point but I'd have booked Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas to take the titles from them at Wrestlemania. Building a tag team division around Paul London & Brian Kendrick, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, Sabu & Rob Van Dam and The Hardys would have made for some exciting moments, I think.

World Championship Match
Batista (Champion) vs MVP
This would have a genuine sporting event feel to it, complete with weigh ins, press conferences and training vignettes. Both of these guys had an authentic sports star quality to them and I'd build on that to create an electric title win for MVP, taking the title in about 15 minutes.

Umaga vs Bobby Lashley
The Hair vs Hair thing brought a lot of publicity to the event. I'd go with it, despite not really enjoying it.

Shawn Michaels vs Chris Benoit
A one on one showdown between two of my favoruites from that era. This could be the show stealing match and would definitely have catapulted Benoit back into the title scene. I'd book a Benoit win and a 30 minute match, giving them all the time they need to top HBK/Angle.

WWE Championship Match
John Cena (Champion) vs The Undertaker
Yep, I'd book this. As much as I liked Cena/HBK, I'd go with Undertaker surprising everybody and using his Royal Rumble win to defect to Raw and challenge the franchise star to a showdown. I'd book Undertaker to win, obviously, but would have him shaking hands with Cena at the end of the match (hopefully to stop people hating on Cena so much).

Last edited by the modern myth : 10-16-2012 at 09:13 AM.
the modern myth is offline   Reply With Quote