Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Rebook a WrestleMania

View Single Post

Old 10-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #45 (permalink)
the modern myth
GET MY BAGS

the modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a push
Default Re: Rebook a WrestleMania

WRESTLEMANIA XVIII

Icon vs Icon
Hulk Hogan vs The Rock

I'd keep the main event as it was, the only difference being that I'd put it on last. Following this match the fans were exhausted and didn't really invest themselves in the title match. To repair that mistake I would re-schedule the PPV line up so that the big, monumental match was on last.

WWF Championship Match
Triple H (Champion) vs 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin vs The Undertaker

I always wanted to see Undertaker in a multi-man match at Wrestlemania, just to see the streak in genuine jeopardy. Facing two of the biggest names in WWF history, this would be a great challenge to 'the streak' and could easily be one of the best WM title matches in history.

Booker T & RVD vs Edge & Christian

I like the idea of reluctant tag teams, and I'd have the team of babyface Edge teaming with heel Christian to take on the WCW/ECW invaders. This would be a hangover from the Invasion angle and would see Edge & Christian overcoming their opponents, positioning them as the #1 contenders. Like Angle/Benoit, I picture their disfucntional team having some real issues.

Intercontinental Championship Match
William Regal (Champion) vs Chris Jericho

A chance for Jericho to show off his brilliant wrestling ability against another skilled technician. This would be a classic IC title match with Regal retaining through dastardly, underhand methods.

Tag Team Triangle Ladder Match
The Hardy Boys (Champions) vs Dudley Boys vs The Outsiders

Scott Hall was one of the WWF's Ladder Match pioneers. I'd introduce the Outsiders to the Triangle Ladder Match, a sure fire way to get them over with the WWF fans.

No DQ Match
Kane vs 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair

In contrast to the technically driven opening match, this would be an all out brawl. Short and bloody, I'd book Kane to lay waste to Ric Flair, battering him within an inch of his life. I enjoyed Undertaker's match with Flair and see this match as being pretty similar. I'd book Kane to get the win in a ten minute battle.

Kurt Angle vs Mr. Perfect

Mr. Perfect was back in the WWF at the time and I'd have used him to battle Kurt Angle in the opening bout at Wrestlemania. These two were both fantastic workers and I'd like to think that they'd open the PPV with a decent, hard hitting, fast paced battle. I'd book Angle to get the win but the two would shake hands at the end of the match, indicating a new found respect for each other.