Wrestling Forum banner

Amanda Todd bullied into killng herself

57K views 534 replies 119 participants last post by  Moustache 
#1 ·
#8 ·
I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I think it's terrible she felt so bad that she killed herself. But on the other hand, kids need to man the fuck up. People are too sensitive. There was absolutely no reason for her to kill herself. It was selfish of her to do it and now her family is fucked for life. She should have manned up and realized there was life after school.

#9 ·
Amanda Todd

Ok, well let's just get this all out of the way so you all can stop your bitching about this dead girl. A lot of what is posted in her video and on her page is fabricated to make her look like she was an angel. Think again.

1. She was 15 years old when she flashed those guys.
2. She did it out of her own free will. She CHOSE to do it.
3. She already flirted with many guys before.
She got 'beat' up at school not because of the picture, but because she slept with another girl's boyfriend. (refer to #1)
5. The guy 'bullied' her once only about 6-8 months after she flashed online. Not multiple times over 2 years.
6. She was known to have slept with multiple men and to sell herself out.
7. Her home life wasn't the best. (family troubles)

You people who are giving her sympathy and pity should all be ashamed of yourselves. Instead of giving pity to a girl who already commited suicide, how about you talk to that lonely kid at lunch? Yea, the one who sits all alone in the corner. But no, you'd rather sit with your friends and then come home and get on facebook and say shit like 'Oh, how come no one helped poor Amanda, she's so pretty, why did she have to die'. FUCK YOU! Go crawl back in your shell of safety while the ones who really need help are only an arms length away.

We should be talking about the ones who were bullied and managed to survive through it all. The success stories. Because that's what gives kids hope, the ones who know what it's like to be in their shoes. The ones who have walked that road before and came out ok.

What kind of message does it send to impressionable teens that if you go ahead and kill yourself that you will get thousands of likes on a facebook page and everyone will feel sorry for you and give you attention? If you have any self respect for the future then you'd stop and think about where your morals are. If you're too confused with your emotions and common sense, then just get off the internet entirely. No one wants to read your idiotic comments and your emotion filled rage tantrums.

tl;dr Stop giving pity to a dead girl. Give it to the ones who deserve it.
/heelturn

#14 ·
'Back in my day' people didn't contemplate suicide or shoot up schools if they got bullied. Granted in my day, everyone didn't have a cell phone with the ability to take pictures/video of everything either. Also I'm a terrible example as I was the biggest guy in school, but the kids that did get bullied, they were bullies to other kids themselves from what I saw. I'm not sure who the guy on the bottom of the totem pole was, but there weren't any shootings or suicides at any of my schools that I heard about, so, yeah. Most of the stuff that happened in my school was racially motivated. A lot of ******** from the auto/tech part of school getting into fights arguments with the black guys from the basketball team, almost on a daily basis. The chicks were a lot meaner than the dudes though, so maybe I just didn't hear about any of the nastier stuff.

This girl seems to have had some mental problems, or at the very least, was emotionally unstable. Not just from falling to peer pressure in the first place but then to kill herself over it all? Sounds like she definitely could have used a good friend or two. Or a parental figure that wasn't messed-up, that could instill some sense into her.

#15 ·
Heard about this from TYT,Sad.Bullying isn't supposed to be taken lightly,It really effects people and as you can see even gets some to take their own lives.I myself used to get horribly bullied as a kid and would get beat allot,It has changed me and made me into the somewhat bitter man I am today.Sad though,For me the years of me getting bullied only made me stronger,Bullying never gave me thoughts of suicide they only gave me thoughts of becoming stronger to the point where nobody ever bullies me ever again and I did achieve this in my early teenage years.Its a shame this girl didn't have that thought,Would have saved her.

#80 ·
ITT:
  • WF man cures depression by telling sufferers to "walk it off."
  • Amateur Darwinism and streamers rule. Long live the stream.

Serious lack of understanding mental health in this thread.
Am I the only here who after reading her story and watching her video said "WHERE THE FUCK ARE HER PARENTS?"
The staggering amount of people and institutions, duty bound to look out for this kid, that failed is heartbreaking.

"The world going one way, the people another, yo'."

#17 ·
I find it hilarious that JoseDRiveraTCR7 red rep me from voicing my opinion. She had it good bro. She didn't need to do a selfish act by killing herself. Kids are starving and poor in this world and they wish they had it good like her. Sge gets no sympathy from me.

#43 ·
Just like you would be no loss if you ever got banned.

She gets no sympathy from me. If she's willing to pose topless on the internet expect consequences.
I find it hilarious that JoseDRiveraTCR7 red rep me from voicing my opinion. She had it good bro. She didn't need to do a selfish act by killing herself. Kids are starving and poor in this world and they wish they had it good like her. Sge gets no sympathy from me.
First world problems.
I really dislike this "first world problems" argument, or at least how often it's overused by people who don't seem to have a grasp on reality. First, "first world problems" is often a joke about people who complain about minor problems that are quite insignificant, especially when compared to the problems in improvised nations. However, there seem to be this thought with some people that those in the first world should never or rarely ever complain about anything because their lives are so good when compared to those in the improvised world. This version of "first world problems" has been use against improving the economy, gay rights, health problems, and in this case suicide.

Get this through your thick head. We, as in America, have a different standard of living than those in the third world. As such, our problems are going to be much different than their's. The fact that you, and others, think fix our problems and try to improve our society because "others have it worse" reeks of apathy, ignorance, a overly dismissive attitude.

You misuse "first world problem" and "survival of the fittest", and forget the fact that technically you committed what you preach against. Should I bring out that post you made as Danthree to Cat where you showed a severe case of gotten to? You got worked up over something that was just a "first world problem" and then you got banned proving that you're not "the fittest".

This.

When I was growing up, kids didn't kill themselves over bullying nearly as much. You just dealt with it, grew some thick skin and moved on.
What years were you a teenager?

#20 ·
well i got my fair share of tough shit in school, and im better for it. made me stronger, stick up for myself, dont take crap from anyone

but still, it was never this bad. i mean i didnt go around making trouble on purpose, but shes just a kid

no person should end like this

#24 ·
well i got my fair share of tough shit in school, and im better for it. made me stronger, stick up for myself, dont take crap from anyone

but still, it was never this bad. i mean i didnt go around making trouble on purpose, but shes just a kid

no person should end like this

This.

When I was growing up, kids didn't kill themselves over bullying nearly as much. You just dealt with it, grew some thick skin and moved on.

#30 ·
I can kinda see how it is much more difficult for kids today, I mean yeah everyone gets their share of teasing at school whoever they are but usually it's forgotten about in a few weeks and people move on to something or someone else

But these days with Youtube and Twitter there's no escaping these things, ever. Just look at her case, all stemming from a picture she took that ended up on the internet. It's not hard to see how someone so young could feel like there was no escape when it's out there for the whole world to see

And btw, that social darwinism stuff is complete bullshit. We all rely on each other to survive

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.