Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Tennis Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #2256 (permalink)
NJ88
Follower of Lockeism

NJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth reading
Default re: Tennis Discussion Thread

Just watched yesterdays Murray vs. Djokovic match...wow, what a contest. I'm not sure how anyone couldn't enjoy watching that match, such a battle between the two. They are indeed (in my opinion) the Nadal/Federer of this era. Both played out of their skin and the result was down to one or two points here and there. Neither of them played bad, matchhes like these can go either way, they aren't dominated by one player.

Murray played a fantastic two sets, and could have served it out but Djokovic came back strong, they had anothher epic tie break which again could have gone either way. Murray looked like he got a little tired in the 3rd set but it was still close and he still had chances. I don't think he'll be too dissapointed in the loss, or his performance. He knows he's up there and can compete, and win against the best players inn the world on a top stage. He and Djokovic are the best two players in the world and they proved it here.

Also big congrats to Heather Watson, into thhe top fifty, first title of her career, what a way to end the season! Her and Robson look like they may end up moving through the rankings together, they've had very similar seasons. A few good results, Heather did well at Wimbledon, Laura the US Open, Lauras first final, Heathers first title, number 50 and number 52. With Murray too, British tennis looks a little more promising!