Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - MMA Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-15-2012, 09:26 AM   #652 (permalink)
nazzac
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER

nazzac 501 - 1000nazzac 501 - 1000nazzac 501 - 1000nazzac 501 - 1000nazzac 501 - 1000nazzac 501 - 1000nazzac 501 - 1000nazzac 501 - 1000
Default Re: MMA Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush View Post
yeah, he takes down everyone at 170. That doesn't mean he can do it to everyone in any division.

Yeah he survived a tight armbar. Against a guy who Anderson beat in a minute.

You talk about size advantage between Jones/Silva but no mention of that between GSP/Silva? Just a convenient slip of the mind eh? Its obviously not as pronounced as the difference between Jones/Silva but thats no reason to disregard it.

I'm not saying to look past what Jones brings to a fight. I'm saying look at what each fighter brings to the respective fights.

GSP: Excellent wrestler, great striker, excellent top game on the ground, fairly untested off his back
Silva: Elite striker, good takedown defense, great off his back, active guard
Jones: Excellent striker, huge reach, power + size advantage, unpredictable, excellent wrestling.

Silva/Jones is a far more intriguing fight than Silva/GSP, especially as Jones really doesn't have anyone left, all of Silva's contenders need at least 1 more fight to push their claims for a title shot, and GSP has a Condit, Diaz, Kampmann and, if they agree to it, Rory MacDonald to fight.
MMA math doesn't work. Just because Anderson beat Vitor quicker than Jones did, doesn't mean Anderson would beat Jones.

Machida destroyed Evans inside two rounds, while Jones decisioned him. Does that equal Machida over Jones?

I agree with you on that Jones vs Silva is the better match-up

STAN DA MAN!!!