Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #1472 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 12:37 AM
Th3Gr3atOn3
Humbled

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock316AE View Post
Rock/Flair had the potential to be a GOAT match if Ric was a few hours younger and it was on a big PPV. Still can't believe that they didn't do it at WM20. Rock/Flair and Foley/Orton was what they should have done. RAW 2002 was a fun match and I'm glad it happened and it's not in the "dream matches" category like Rock/Savage/HBK but to see them working a WM program, stealing the show in the tag match and not actually doing a one on one match on PPV was a big waste. Rock and Flair will always be Top 2 most charismatic and best performers/mic workers of all time, I never saw anyone on that level. Rock/Flair segment even today with Flair in his awesome crazy old man persona would be gold.

If you pay attention to what Rock is trying to do in that match, it's just a masterpiece storytelling and crowd work. I always remembered that spot when Rock, the Top babyface in the industry for more than 3 years at this point, suddenly BAILING out of the ring in heel tactics just to give Flair more crowd support. Started with some mat wrestling, Rock bumping all over the place, made Flair look like a million bucks. When it's not working and the crowd is still not getting it, Rock sends Flair to the corner, and throws a punch, then gives a heel look and the crowd starting to react. Brilliant.

Their WM20 exchange was a spectacle.

"The Limousine-Ridin', Jet-Flyin', Kiss-Stealin', Wheelin'-Dealin', Son of a Gun RIC FLAIR!

Taking on:

The Trail-Blazing, Eyebrow-Raising, Jabroni-Beating, LALALAW, Pie-Eating...Heart-Stopping, Elbow-Dropping, People's Champ THE ROCK!"

After this money promo, you put this on PPV, 500k on the spot.

Ric Flair and the rock should have happened at WM20 as a dream match, imagine the promos leading up to it

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome