Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - MMA Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-14-2012, 02:19 PM   #625 (permalink)
Combat Analyst
Fired by SCOTT STEINER

Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst
Default Re: MMA Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush View Post
Anderson/GSP is a waste of time. If Sonnen couldn't beat Silva with his wrestling then GSP isn't going to be able to. He's a smaller guy and his wrestling isn't as good as Sonnen's. He could keep he fight standing but Silva is lethal and a better striker. There is no way GSP wins that fight other than properly laying and praying. Lay n pray is a term that gets thrown around too much when it isn't quite deserved but for GSP to beat Silva he'd have to take him down, lay on him for 5 mins and throw very little in terms of punches. No gaps for Silva to pull a submission, and just tapping him enough to keep the ref from standing it up.

Silva/Jones is a fight i'd much rather see, and it would be a great fight to watch. Jones has a big reach and is unpredictable, Silva has great footwork and head movement, and is one of the best strikers in all of MMA.

Brilliant to see Maia going back to being a badass BJJ fighter. His boxing is better than what it was, but its not good enough to worry anyone. His ground game on the other hand is immense.

I like Fitch (or to put it more accurately, i respect Fitch + how he fights), so its nice to see him have an exciting fight for once. I don't hold it against him when he takes people down and grinds a decision b/c its as much on the fighter on the bottom to do something to escape as it is for the bloke on top to finish.
GSP is just as good a wrestler as Sonnen, If he takes down Anderson, he will have way better submission defense. Jones/Silva would easily just be Jones taking down Silva and pounding him. The fight would almost end the same as Jones-Machida.

And how do you blame the fighters for not fighting back against Fitch, Just because they don't fight back, still doesn't mean he shouldn't finish the fight instead of grinding it out.

Black Is Beautiful

Spoiler for DrIllmatic: