Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #1461 (permalink)
NearFall
Little Poppa Pump

NearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missed
Default Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AthenaMark View Post
I should be there and I expect some CM Punk supporters of a small margin but when it gets close, you'll see why he's the Rock and why he's a icon. No one had more energetic crowds in matches than the Rock. Punk has been kind of cowardly and running away from alot of stuff, Sneaking out wins against Cena...I think he and Rock won't have what this board is expecting as a rehash of Rock/Cena build. Punk doesn't need the same kind of protection that Cena relys and depends on when he's in a overwhelming situation.
Exactly why I think he will get far more heat than Cena, because a large amount of the casuals who already hate him against Cena, will hate him even more against Rocky(since Cena couldn't beat him, well lets hope so anyway).

Another thing is the fact that Rock and Punk were always cheered above Cena by adults and smark outlets. This demographic will want to cheer Rock over Punk by a large degree too. So unless they are hardcore marks, Punk will be pretty draught for cheers, as a heel really should be.

For the build I really hope you're correct. I really do not want another Rock/Cena type feud. Even the whole "respect" angle can be played a lot better in simply looking for "respect" of a legend. Let us just hope they can come up with something good, and I would love Rock/Punk to go more abrasive in promos than Cena/Rock (not full shoot style or anything, but at least give Rock back his old pacing/catchphrases back, since as a heel Punk has his sarcasm and insults back).

Thanks Punk

Quote:
Ryan Reeves ‏@Ryback22 2m
I call dibs on GTS, Pepsi Plunge and running knee in corner. I am sure Sheamus will take the rest.
NearFall is offline   Reply With Quote