Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Beginning to understand why they turned Punk into the complete opposite...

View Single Post

Old 10-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #17 (permalink)
QuietInRealLife
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice

QuietInRealLife is an after thoughtQuietInRealLife is an after thought
Default Re: Beginning to understand why they turned Punk into the complete opposite...

Punk can play an amazing heel in and out of the ring, but the problem is that he can't draw. People aren't going to pay money or tune in to boo their hero, evidenced by the crap ratings since raw 1000. What he needs is a strong good guy to bounce of off. Cena can't ever be that guy, since guaranteed to be a heat magnet for at least half the crowd these days. As long as he isn't shoved down peoples throats then I can see Ryback being that guy. Hey, don't get me wrong, I'm no jaded cynical smark, I'll happily get accept Punk as the bad guy if the alternative was appealing, and I'm sorry, John Cena is not an appealing alternative for me.

I really feel like they've turned the wrong guy heel here. Is anyone else jealous of the parallel universe that's getting the 'Cena teams with Heyman' storyline that we're not?
QuietInRealLife is offline   Reply With Quote