• Meisha Tate

Votes: 58 59.2%
Status
Not open for further replies.

MMA Discussion Thread

247K views 6K replies 249 participants last post by  InTheAirTonight 
#1 ·
Amazing new and fresh MMA thread.

Walls loves Faber or something like that.

MMA needs more roundhouses.

#956 ·
Remember it's Thailand, Parents there probably care less.

But oh well, the parents will probably be the first one to complain.

#957 ·
I think all children would benefit from some form of martial arts training, but full contact competition at that age is wrong imo. That kid was out, no one should be experiencing that kind of KO regardless of how old you are and because it's a kid it makes it harder to watch.

#959 ·
Too bad the ref was in the way.

Also people in poor countries listen to the worst music ever.

Has nothing to do with that, in straight kick boxing fights they play music during the entire fight and the fighters will actually pace themselves to the music. It's hard to explain. A lot of Thai kick boxers are notorious for starting off really slow because the starting parts of the music is slow, they literally train themselves to the pace of the music. It sounds crazy, but it's true. It's also very common for fighters to do a Wai Kru dance/performance before each fight in the ring. It's often tradition. I really wish just straight kick boxing would reach the level of success as MMA has. It's fucking incredible to watch.

#967 ·
Seems like that fight's being booked early. If JDS happened to KO Cain nice and early again he'd be good to go March/April which would be perfect for 'Reem. I reckon we won't see 'Reem fighting for the title until July at the earliest.

#968 ·
Shane Carwin blew his knee out, they are looking to replace him by the TUF finale. Carwin probably is juicing again. I think they should plug in Bigfoot for the fight and give Overeem someone like Mark Hunt. I just want to see Hunt get his ass handed to him.

#972 ·
Injury, definitely. People who get suspended did it to their own and don't even deserve a title shot for a while after the suspension is over.. But that's just me. Injuries also get on my 'emotional' side. I play soccer myself and I get injured ALOT, you could say i'm a man of glass and it sometimes really makes me feel very bad for the guys getting injured after working so hard for their match.

#971 ·
Injury hands down. A suspension is normally after someone fights, so you have nothing to look forward to (yet) anyway.

Injuries are annoying is fuck because you've followed the build for months then a couple of weeks out a guy gets injured and that's that.

#975 ·
Whatever. All I was saying in regards to Melendez is that he'll be exposed for what he is, and that's a gatekeeper Clay Guida level position in the company.

Maynard pulling out is a bummer. Miller/Lauzon is still great though. And Overeem should get an easy win over Bigfoot if they fight.

#986 · (Edited)
Got Sunday off work so I can watch UFC on Saturday instead of avoiding the internet and people to not get it spoiled for me the next day.

I WANT BLOOOOOOD!

Same here, sunday off, missus away and watching this in a house full of Canadian ex-pats, gonna shout for Condit all night then totally no-sell if he loses just to wind them up.

Also glad to see the new spate of injuries is limited to fights I dont give a shit about.

edit- yknow Ive watched the above gif hundreds of times and only just now noticed the guy hitting the joint in the back.

#985 ·
I'll see if I can catch the facebook and prelim fights. I gotta work on this 2000 word research paper that I have not even started yet so that'll take most of my day off. I'm definitely not missin' GSP's return for anything though. Kampmann/Hendricks and GSP/Condit are most likely the two things I'll be watching for sure if I'm busy. But I'm hoping to catch the entire main card if I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.