Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-14-2012, 06:05 AM   #1444 (permalink)
NearFall
Little Poppa Pump

NearFall NearFall NearFall NearFall NearFall NearFall NearFall NearFall NearFall NearFall NearFall
Default Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

The ONLY possiblity for Punk to go over Rock(not cleanly obviously, that is for Cena) is if it is to set-up or lay the foundations of another feud. For example:

Brock lays out Rock as Punk is about to be beat. Rock VS Brock is setup, possibly with Brock as champion after betraying Punk.

The "instant replay" angle comes to an end here, Cena comes out to help Rock win when Punk is using foreign objects/chairs etc. Only to cost Rock the match by DQ. Setting up Rock VS Cena later down the line.

The biggest problem with Punk going over Rock is the fact that the belt will remain on Punk, and Cena imo is Rock's opponent this year. Think of it, who can undertaker face legitimately now? Brock,Rock,Cena. That is about it. Rock won't be facing him, it just doesnt fit with the Streak's story arc. Cena VS Taker is being saved for WM 30. So it is most likely going to be Brock/Taker, leaving over Rock/Cena. There is the possiblity of the triple threat, but the belt on Rock up until Mania will do wonders. So I do not see Punk going over Rock at all.

As for the Stone Cold arguments. It is hard to call, sure, Stone Cold and Punk are very good friends. But will Stone Cold lose his first match back in years? I don't think so.

Punk really needs to go over one of them or someone like HHH to help him massively though, but it definitely will not be the Rock. For this year, at least, as the feud itself around the rumble will be massive for him.

Thanks Punk

Quote:
Ryan Reeves ‏@Ryback22 2m
I call dibs on GTS, Pepsi Plunge and running knee in corner. I am sure Sheamus will take the rest.

Last edited by NearFall : 10-14-2012 at 09:03 AM.
NearFall is offline   Reply With Quote