Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hip Hop Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-13-2012, 11:13 PM   #650 (permalink)
LBGetBack
Humbled

LBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missed
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether View Post
Is Last Meal his consensus second best album? Always thought that
I really don't think he has a consensus 2nd best album. Blue Carpet Treatment did get quite a bit of hype when it dropped as his best since Doggystyle. I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

I consider Top Dogg his 2nd best because it's got what I want when I listen to Snoop.....mostly that hardcore west coast sound. Some of the other albums with Pharell all over them are good.....but I prefer that real west sounding beats for Snoop. Also Top Dogg(and 2001) was the album that brought Snoop back in 99. He had the Doggfather disappoinment(not a bad album, just couldn't follow Doggystyle and too many mediocre songs) and the mess that was Game is To Be Sold.....Top Dogg was to Snoop what Stillmatic was to Nas, IMO. It re-established him as a dope rapper, and then he continued with a pretty decent streak of albums with Last Meal, Paid Da Cost, R&G, and Blue Carpet.

Some of my favorites off Top Dogg: