Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Dixie Carter takes advantage of Alberto Del Rio incident

View Single Post

Old 10-13-2012, 11:03 AM   #80 (permalink)
Paradise
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Paradise is in rep purgatory
Default Re: Dixie Carter takes advantage of Alberto Del Rio incident

I hate to be this guy but in this case, this is my honest opinion here:

1. Bully Ray never really rips up an 8 year old's sign. I've seen him only do it to teenagers or adults who know that the show is kayfabe. He was going to say something about the special kid in the frontrow during the show 2-3 weeks ago but he didn't and if he did and got backlash, you bet WWE would jump on it.

2. Dixie reaching out is not a big deal. Let's be real, if this was WWE doing it, everyone would call it "savvy marketing" by Vince or "opportunity".

3. It's not like Del Rio injured the kid and Dixie said "hey, we don't injure other wrestlers here!"

There is nothing wrong with it simply because the family felt their enjoyment of pro-wrestling and WWE was tarnished by the actions of Del Rio (kayfabe or not), another promotion sees this and tries to keep this family interested in pro-wrestling and giving them extra attention to make them feel comfortable.

Let's be honest, not everyone sadly is thick skinned at wrestling shows. So, if another company sees the chance to gain an fan, then what's the big deal?

It's done in the fast good industry whenever someone has a bad experience at McDonalds or Burger King or Subways and Arbys. It's done in the television industry with Cablevision, Verizon, Direct TV, etc.

People in wrestling need to quit acting like it isn't any different to other forms of competition. It may seem petty or desperate but that is how 90% of corporations operate when there is a bad review or bad situation to their rival.
Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote