Wrestling Forum banner

Dixie Carter takes advantage of Alberto Del Rio incident

8K views 80 replies 55 participants last post by  Cliffy 
#1 · (Edited)
The woman who was upset at Alberto Del Rio, Shelly Ehler, noted that TNA’s Dixie Carter called her personally after reading the story.
Ehler said that Carter explained that she was sad to read about her experience with WWE and offered her and her family VIP passes to Bound For Glory. She noted that TNA’s talent would never act as Del Rio did and encouraged them to “come meet Hulk Hogan and all the wrestlers on behalf of TNA.”

In end of the day it just seems a little bit too much on Dixie's part...

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/262...alks-alberto-del-rio-ripping-up-her-sons-sign

#4 ·
Yeah, this annoyed me. Not that it seemed that Dixie was taking advantage of a WWE situation, but that she said TNA wrestlers would never do such a thing. THEY BETTER DO THAT SHIT! Heels should be able to do anything heels in the 70s/80s/90s were doing to get heat and be entertaining. TNA needs to steer clear of this pc garbage and worrying about offending/hurting peoples feelings.

It's funny because Del Rio has a hard time getting any heat/reaction and he does something as silly/traditional as this and gets confronted for it... they might as well release the guy now as he's basically being restricted of doing his job!

Anyway, I'll be pissed if we see TNA heels being less "heelish" in the future, as it seems to be a trend that TNA is being less edgy (which this incident isn't even.)

#7 ·
As weak as this may be, I can't blame Dixie for at least trying to gain awareness for her promotion's biggest show of the year. Who knows, maybe she'll gain a new little TNA fan.

#8 ·
Exactly what I was thinking, I don't think I've seen Bully Ray target a childs sign, I don't think hes gone that far, I'd do the same if I was Dixie..

#9 ·
Lol yeah come to the show that doesnt wanna be pg. that kid will be there and will probably only know Jeff Hardy. I know Dixie is trying to help TNA look good in this one but just look desperate for attention and sad.

Like someone said give the mic to Bully and let him go. Actually would be entertaining TV.

#25 ·
Agreed, just trying to capitalize on some bad press WWE has got to garner a little attention for themselves. I consider myself a TNA fan, not the biggest, but I watch fairly regularly these days so I'm not trying to take shots at any possibility, but this comes off as desperate.

#22 ·
Wasn't Bully Ray taunting a disabled kid recently? Oh, and Roode arguing with that female fan that was insulting him during a match as if it's the most common thing in the world. Tbh, I actually prefer the TNA heels way more due to them having the chance to go more extreme, so I don't know where the "our heels b nice" idea comes from, I doubt ADR or Punk would do anything Roode or Ray do to their extent (and no, the altercation with the fan was off-script and doesn't count).

#29 ·
What would be the point of having a phone conversation if they private messaged each other already? Yet the OP says she called the mother up and offered her tickets to Bound For Glory. Doesn't exactly indicate that they were already communicating beforehand.

I wonder will Dixie be calling the guy who CM Punk punched on Raw, and offer him tickets as well. :D

#33 ·
You don't even need to be a TNA fan to see this is BS.

Stories like this come out constantly, hell the OP hasn't even posted a source :lmao

If meltzer had reported it then yeah i'd been more likely to believe it.

#34 ·
The original post about it I saw said shelly ehlers won or was on some reality show called shark tank so even if her number wasnt available it wouldnt be that hard to get it and I agree it was stupid for her to say that to shelly and they better not change bully ray because of this I love him this way dont want him to turn face either

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.