Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Analyze this: Copied gimmicks that turned out to be a bigger success

View Single Post

Old 10-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #22 (permalink)
theidealstranger
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

theidealstranger needs to take rep more serioustheidealstranger needs to take rep more serioustheidealstranger needs to take rep more serioustheidealstranger needs to take rep more serioustheidealstranger needs to take rep more serioustheidealstranger needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Analyze this: Copied gimmicks that turned out to be a bigger success

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBizzle View Post
A lot of gimmicks tend to be recycled through the years - art imitates life and what not. Coolquip mentioned the biggest one that I can think of - Flair.

A lot of guys copied "military" gimmicks with mixed success.

Tag Teams were very derivative. If you look at the Rockers, R and R Express, Midnight Express, other tag teams, they seemed to be running with very similar gimmicks - not sure who was first - maybe the Fabulous Ones?

And a lot of teams had success in ripping off the Road Warriors.

Here's one for ya - some people argue that Goldberg copied portions of Austin's gimmick ... not sure that I can see that one ...
I too have heard about this but am not sure if I am quoting the right person when I say Eric Bischoff said they got Goldberg to counter Shamrock's MMA guy to "teach" Vince how to use MMA guys effectively but the played along as it went with the streak.