Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - International Matches Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #2417 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 08:02 AM
Joel
Joined For Fun

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Re: International Matches Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
Their midfield isn't bad, they just miss someone like Aimar/Riquelme, and they're devastating going forward. They score a ton and they've looked great since Messi took the armband and they stopped picking 10 new players for every squad. Shipping goals is/has been their main problem, though. They absolutely battered Uruguay last night, who should've had Lugano and Pereira sent off for violent play.

Spain are the team to beat, as for Germany and Brazil, Argentina have beaten both of them recently, scoring 7 goals in the process. Brazil should only be considered favourites by virtue of being hosts, how many teams have beaten them recently? I've seen them lose to Denmark, Mexico (twice) and Argentina in the last 6 months. Germany, well I just don't see a European team winning on South American soil other than Spain.

Oh, and you're forgetting England.
Tbf, Brazil had that dodgey Olympic defence that consisted of Rafael and Juan during those defeats. Now they have Ramires back in the midfield, Alves at right back and VICE CAPTAIN DAVID LUIZ back in centre back and he seems to always perform for A Selecao.

What I will also point out is that the World Cup is in two years time and I think this Brazilian team has the most amount of growth than any other team. Neymar, Oscar, Moura, Damiao, Sandro and even shitty Rafael (Irish Jet raging right now) will likely improve a lot during those two years.

Honestly think they'll win it. 12 years is too long of a gap for Brazil. They won't let it go to 16.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome