Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - TNA 2013: A Revolution
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 04:51 AM Thread Starter
Frakkles

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Re: TNA 2013: A Revolution

BREAKING NEWS! BREAKING NEWS! BREAKING NEWS!
"WE'RE GOING TO WAR", 3-HOUR IMPACT, TNA RELEASES

"We're going to war." That was the highlight quote of Shane McMahon's first public address since buying shares in TNA Wrestling. Shane claims he is not doing this for or even to spite his father but, instead, to compete with him. "I respect my Dad for all that he's done but I want to try and build my own legacy and I feel like competing against him might be my way of doing just that." It was made clear that Shane is not the 'owner' of the company, nor is he a 'major shareholder'. His shares in the company are minority but he has been given a high position within the company and is expected to be given more power in the coming weeks and months. Shane is thought of as a blow to the psyche of WWE Owner Vince McMahon that could see him step away from the top of WWE sooner than expected to avoid 'souring the waters' with his son.

On a more company related note, TNA has announced that the return of the company will be a 3-Hour Impact Special on January 3rd of 2013, the first live wrestling show of the New Year. It was also announced that Jeff Hardy would headline the show, defending his newly won World Title for the first time against an as-yet-unnamed opponent. Aces & 8s were also given an 'open invitation' to appear at the show, suggesting further progression regarding that storyline. With it still yet to be revealed who is behind the group, rumors are running rampant as to what TNA's plans for the group are.

In other major news, TNA has seriously culled it's roster by releasing no less than ten of it's main roster talents. The releases are Crimson, Eric Young, Garrett Bishoff, Gunner, Hernandez, Kid Kash, Robbie E, Robbie T, Brooke Hogan & ODB. Several of the released superstars were considered "dead-weight" for a long time while certain superstars such as Hernandez and Crimson never quite managed to get over the way TNA had hoped. All of them are free to work for other companies, effective immediately. There have been suggestions that this mass cull is to open up room for a new intake of superstars following Shane McMahon into the company. More news is sure to come out regarding the roster in the next few days.

Side Note: I understand fantasy booking has been somewhat over-saturated during it's time and I know that things are going to be similar because there's only so much wrestling a person can book but I just took offence to being accused of literally stealing someone's idea.

Hopefully I'll have my first show up before the end of the month (I actually had a fair portion of it written but lost it when my computer crashed ).

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome