Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - International Matches Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #2391 (permalink)
TheF1BOB
Little Poppa Pump

TheF1BOB needs to make some friendsTheF1BOB needs to make some friendsTheF1BOB needs to make some friendsTheF1BOB needs to make some friendsTheF1BOB needs to make some friendsTheF1BOB needs to make some friendsTheF1BOB needs to make some friendsTheF1BOB needs to make some friendsTheF1BOB needs to make some friendsTheF1BOB needs to make some friendsTheF1BOB needs to make some friends
Default Re: International Matches Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader13 View Post
Where did I mention anything in regards to the game? To say Welbeck and Cleverley aren't international class was where my issue with the statement was. It may be a bit soon for Cleverley as he's only played about 20 first team games and I'm certainly not on the "new Scholes" bandwagon however he's looked impressive this season is small bursts but Welbeck looks like he could be really good if he figures out how to score into open nets. I've seen Shelvey play about 3 times and he's scored a good goal in one of them and was sent off in the other, so can't really comment on him.

Typical Arsenal fan though - seeing something different to others.
Oh come on, you can't tell me you ain't are chuffed with this win, every other United fan on the internet is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Jet View Post
Cleverley and Welbeck not international class? For a nation where Francis Jeffers and David Nugent have international caps, where Emile Heskey has 62 fucking caps. Tell me, when could you not have been worried about England's future?
Don't diss the GOAT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redead View Post
England is still ways off of other countries

Its not just the system, its the players

They arent good enough. I look at Germany, Spain, Brazil, even Italy and I see the sheer amount of talent bolstering through their ranks, its astonishing. If Reus or Mata were english theyd be called better than Messi. All the english have is his holiness Jack 'hasnt played a game in 15 months' wilshere

Part of it is just looking at the squads, the teams that top the league, the Manchesters and the Chelseas and Arsenals have very few englishmen, in contrast to the lower teams bolstering with them. And even looking at those teams, you'll see the best players of those squads are usually not the English

Meanwhile in Spain, Germany and Italy, the elite clubs are still loaded with superb local talent. For example Germany's squad today all are champions league calibre Dortmund, Bayern and Madrid players. Players that start regularly for the best clubs on earth and have familiarity. Same with Spain, its basically Barca with Madrid and Jesus to fill up the ranks. All the best from the highest clubs and leagues.

And then you have England, where its basically filled with liverpool players, lower league guys, some old people, and the manchester united bench

In 2004 to 2010 England had a generation of players that maybe could have been called some of the best on earth, but now, they dont even have that. They have a retarded FA, players who seem to hate working together, and a genuine lack of world class English players. Why? Where have they all gone? What the hell is shelvey doing out there? In what universe is that enough to take on the major European squads

The FA needs to pull their head out of their ass and fix this. Instituting more english players in clubs wont help because all most clubs just use them to fill up the quota and reserves and rarely play them. The key is fixing the youth development system. Spain, Germany, Holland, Italy and south America and even france somehow found a way to develop world class players. The Barca, Ajax and Dortmund academies are almost miracles. They dont just develop club talent, but they develop international ones

The FA and english clubs need to sort this out. Why arent English players as good as foreign ones? Why do English clubs dominate europe meanwhile England never makes it to Semis?

The Moment Wrestling Died
TheF1BOB is offline   Reply With Quote