Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - If CM Punk held the title until July 25, 2019....

View Single Post

Old 10-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
MyBloodyValentine
Moron

MyBloodyValentine 251 - 500MyBloodyValentine 251 - 500MyBloodyValentine 251 - 500MyBloodyValentine 251 - 500
Default Re: If CM Punk held the title until July 25, 2019....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerLove View Post
Look at CM Punk's entire title reign and answer the question yourself. It's obviously the person who draws the most, and it has always been the person who has drawn the most. Why not? Because people would get sick and tired and the writers wouldn't be able to think of anything fresh for him to do for so damn long, they're struggling even now. It's not possible and it's not good business.
Exactly, of course it's the person who draws the most. What I'm trying to pitch is that some people should simply be "above" the WWE championship like The Rock, Cena, Sheamus, etc. Those guys will be in major feuds, which will draw a lot of money. It's what WWE will market more. The WWE champion, meanwhile, defends against all challengers and takes a backseat to the guys above the WWE title.

I mean, I just see it this way. Cena shouldn't hold the WWE title anymore. He's just too good for it at this point. Aside from Cena, there is nobody else who I can possibly think of holding the WWE title without ruining its credibility. I just don't think Cena's time for a title run is now, but I can't think of anybody else besides Punk to hold it.