Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sioux Falls, South Dakota/Jasper, Minnesota
Re: Impact Wrestling 2010: From Russia With Love
Impact Wrestling News: Ratings News, More Live Dates Announced, Pay Per View Locations Announced, & More
- The debut episode of Impact Wrestling scored a 1.8 cable rating which is the biggest rating they've ever gotten. Although it's still not anywhere close to what WWE's Monday Night Raw gets, it is close to what Smackdown gets and much better than what Impact Wrestling officials were expecting, since the show was off for several months as well as moving networks. Officials hope to have the ratings meeting/exceeding Smackdown's ratings on a consistent basis by the end of the year.
- Impact Wrestling announced more on the road live events this week as well as locations for the upcoming Bound for Glory and Slammiversary pay per views. The events are...
- 4/15/2010 - Impact Wrestling - Hale Arena - Kansas City, Missouri
- 4/18/2010 - Bound For Glory - Family Arena - St. Charles, Missouri
- 4/22/2010 - Impact Wrestling - Cox Convention Center - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- 5/6/2010 - Impact Wrestling - Dr. Pepper Arena - Dallas, Texas
- 5/20/2010 - Impact Wrestling - Freeman Coliseum - San Antonio, Texas
- 6/10/2010 - Impact Wrestling - Allen Arena - Nashville, Tennessee
- 6/13/2010 - Slammiversary - Phillips Arena - Atlanta, Georgia
- The Lucha Libre battle royal and the signing of Mistico is said to have been entirely the idea of Eric Bischoff. Despite barely being involved in making wrestling decisions, Bischoff pushed for bringing masked luchadors in to Impact Wrestling because of the success Rey Mysterio has had in WWE with children viewers and merchandise sales, two areas Impact Wrestling is looking to increase its scope in. Expect Mistico to receive a pretty big push.
- If pissing off Vince McMahon was Impact Wrestling's goal, they certainly achieved it and then some. Vince became extremely irate when he heard the news that Impact Wrestling had taken the N.W.O. trademark away as well as signing Natalya Neidhart, so irate in fact that he fired nearly a fourth of his office staff today, mainly the ones who used to be in charge of handling trademarks and the like, staff who were then hired immediately to work for Prokhorov Entertainment.
Preview for 2/11/2010
- In a shocker no one saw coming, the New World Order debuted in Impact Wrestling, declaring that they were ready to take over. They thought they had their old friend Hulk Hogan on their side but the Hulkstar surprised them when he said that times have changed and instructing Impact Wrestling security to remove Scott Hall and Sean Waltman from the arena. Has the N.W.O. takeover of Impact Wrestling been stopped before it had a chance to get started or does Eric Bischoff have a plan up his sleeve?
- The Crow Returns. Following Jeff Hardy's win over A.J. Styles, becoming the new Impact Wrestling World Heavyweight Champion, the lights went out in Madison Square Garden. A spotlight then revealed "The Icon" Sting hiding in the rafters, pointing his black baseball bat at Jeff Hardy. What does Sting want with Hardy?
- Speaking of Jeff Hardy, the new champion does not want to waste any time, calling out A.J. Styles for a rematch for the title this week.
- Another new female competitor will be debuting, facing off against "The Scream Queen" Daffney.
- Impact Wrestling's newest superstar Mistico wrestles his first official match as a member of the roster and it's certainly not going to be a cakewalk as he takes on "The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe.
- Also...The Motor City Machine Guns call out Paul London and Brian Kendrick...In tag team action, the British Invasion take on LAX to determine who goes on to face Beer Money for the tag team championships...The final two matches in round #1 of the television championship tournament as Bobby Lashley goes up against Matt Morgan and D'Angelo Dinero takes on Desmond Wolfe.
- All this and more, Thursday February 11th live from the Impact Zone, only on FX!