Wrestling Forum banner

Bound For Glory Discussion Thread

153K views 3K replies 292 participants last post by  Ruth 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
TNA WRESTLING ANNOUNCES PHOENIX TO HOST “BOUND FOR GLORY” ON OCTOBER 14 | LIVE ON PAY-PER-VIEW, AT SELECT THEATERS NATIONWIDE AND ONLINE AT TNAONDEMAND.COM

IN HONOR OF ITS TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY, THE BIGGEST WEEKEND IN TNA HISTORY WILL ALSO FEATURE THE HALL OF FAME CELEBRATION AND POPULAR FAN INTERACTION EVENT, PRESENTED BY DIRECT AUTO INSURANCE

MAIN EVENT: WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Austin Aries (champion) vs. "The Charismatic Enigma" Jeff Hardy

NO DISQUALIFICATION
Aces & Eights vs. "The Icon" Sting & Bully Ray

STREET FIGHT
Bobby Roode vs. "Cowboy" James Storm
Special Enforcer: King Mo

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Christopher Daniels & Kazarian (champions) vs. AJ Styles & Kurt Angle vs. Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez

TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Samoa Joe (champion) vs. Magnus

KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP
Miss Tessmacher (champion) vs. Tara

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Zema Ion (champion) vs. Rob Van Dam

Al Snow vs Joey Ryan

Spike TV will present a new one-hour special, “Countdown to Bound For Glory,” on Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 7:00pm ET/4:00pm PT that will provide an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at TNA’s biggest and most star-studded event of the year.

See less See more
1 9
#316 · (Edited)
Just ordered the PPV with TNA On Demand. :) The build could have been better but I think (hope) the show will deliver with this final card. Tomorrow I'm going to watch BTB, some past BFG matches, and the Countdown before showtime!

EDIT - the Sting HOF Ceremony looks like an intimate setting. I'm going to have to do the whole Bound For Glory weekend in the future. I missed last time they came around the Chicagoland area but I won't if they come back.

#319 · (Edited)
Simon Diamond told us at the table "believe me when i tell you you will be surprised at who's the leader of aces and eights"
Interesting.

Miguel ‏@itsmiguelyo
Bully tells the waitress "a shot of vodka cold. **points at Al Snow** AND WARM MILK" (loudly)
:lmao Bully!

Miguel ‏@itsmiguelyo
I replied by saying "watch it's dixie" and everyone at the table laughs. He didn't but said "you'll see"
I won't be surprise if it's Dixie.

#327 ·
who all has ordered this ppv? I am considering ordering it then I think gas is exspensive and $35 would almost fill up my tank, choices choices

#333 ·
Personally I don't think any reveal will occur at BFG. Bully Ray and Sting are 2 wrestlers in TNA who will not be hurt by being destroyed by Aces and 8s in an quick match.

Roode, Storm, Aries and Hardy are all current main eventers and would be damaged by having them appear weak to Ace's and 8s.

I feel that Bully Ray and Sting can be used to get Ace's and 8s over as an powerful threat in this match.
Having them being destroyed by Ace's and 8s and at the same time preventing the 2 members of Aces and 8s being revealed or the leader would enable this angle to go on further.

#336 ·
I have heard Edge, Chris Jericho and Goldberg are to be involved.

I very much doubt that any of those 3 will turn up in TNA.

Edge has stated that he can no longer use the Edge name but I guess most wrestling fans know him just as well as Adam Copeland. He cannot wrestle any longer so would just be a mouth piece so I can't see that happening.

Goldberg - has never required a stable, if he joined his modus would be to be an lone wolf and destroy members of TNA by himself so can't see that happening.

Chris Jericho is intriguing he wants a easier schedule to sing with Fozzy (not the bear). so could be a possible, but a BIG name such a Jericho joining would require lots of pre-publicity etc, I doubt TNA would let him join and not make as big as fanfare as possible.

So all 3 ares definite no's for me.

To be honest I don't think the mastermind will be revealed at BFG, I doubt any members of Aces and 8s will be revealed either.
BFG showing by Aces and 8s will just be the 2 wrestlers Aces and 8s pick steam rolling over Sting and Bully Ray, purely to create momentum in the Angle.

That will then give Aces and 8s full access to the Impact Arena as per the storyline.

#339 ·
Predictions (Winner in bold):

Rob Van Dam vs. Zema Ion

Al Snow vs. Joey Ryan

Magnus vs. Samoa Joe

Miss Tessmacher vs. Tara

AJ and Angle vs. Chavo and Hernandez vs. Daniels and Kaz

Aces & 8's vs. Sting and FAT ASS

Bobby Roode vs. James Storm

Austin Aries vs. Jeff Hardy

#340 ·
Predictions (Winner in bold):

Rob Van Dam vs. Zema Ion - Don't like either, don't give a fuck about this match, but I'd prefer Ion to win because RVD is useless.

Al Snow vs. Joey Ryan - Snow doesn't need the win nor should he win. Have Ryan win, earn Snow's respect or something and give him a contract.

Magnus vs. Samoa Joe - Joe just won the belt, keep it on him for a little longer. Hopefully let these two have a series of matches with Magnus eventually getting the belt.

Miss Tessmacher vs. Tara - Just going with the champion retaining. Don't give a fuck who wins though.

AJ and Angle vs. Chavo and Hernandez vs. Daniels and Kaz - PLEASE don't let Hernandez and his partner win. Keep that trash as far away from titles as possible. Angle/AJ I guess could win, but Daniels and Kaz would benefit more from keeping the belt. Angle and AJ I guess can always float around the ME scene.

Aces & 8's vs. Sting and BULLY - Someone is gonna turn, question is who. Bully is kinda obvious. Sting would be shitty. Someone not involved in the match is probably the best bet.

Bobby Roode vs. James Storm - Storm kinda needs the win here after all this time lol. Super excited for this one.

Austin Aries vs. Jeff Hardy - I don't want him anywhere near the belt (or wrestling in general, but whatever...), but I get the feeling he's gonna win. Last year's BFG series winner didn't win the title from winning the actual series, so I guess they kinda need to... dammit, the word is in my head but I can't get it out... they need to make the BFG series mean something by having the winner actually win the title this time around I think anyway. That's the short of it. Fuck knows what that word is I want to use lol. Only good thing about a potential Hardy win is a potential Aries mega heel turn.

#343 ·
Aries works best when is he against the world, winning or losing I expect AA to steal the show.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.