• do nothing, its wwe faults, if their security dont react fast enough

Votes: 19 15.8%
  • do nothing, a wwe superstar, should take beating if fans want so

Votes: 14 11.7%

How to react to hooliganism in the WWE?

5K views 48 replies 39 participants last post by  Tnmore 
#1 ·
Hi,

yesterday it was not the first time, that some so called wrestling fans attacked WWE superstars. What is your opinion about it?

In football/soccer such fans would be called hooligans and would be banned from football/soccer stadiums for several years or even for their whole life.
I cant understand how in the 21st century some grown up man cant distinguish between reality and show?

What is your opinion?

@ Mods: This thread is not just about the CM Punk incident it is a general talk about what fans should be allowed to do and what not?

I also know, that the WWE was wrong in not having their security team fast enough on that spot,
but nevertheless hooliganism is not an option

#35 ·
Well, in that particular case Punk shoved that annoying Lesnar kid, giving a bunch of half-drunk meatballs the green light that's it's okay to play around like that and become involved in the show. You can't throw a tennis ball in front of a dog and get angry when it wants to play fetch. Obviously they should've known better anyway but still. Also security should've been all over the place with Punk. "Top heel going through the crowd? Meh, I'm sure he'll be fine". Other than that and throwing out trouble makers, which I'm sure they already do, I don't think there's much else they can do.

#36 ·
While I understand that most posters here are in their rebellious phase, there is absolutely no excuse for Punk to lay a hand on a fan. He is a professional, plain and simple. He is a public figure, thus held in higher standards. Not only does he represent himself, he represents the company. Specially the fact that he is the champion.

Nine years a go, there was a brawl in a basketball game (pacers-pistons), fans and athletes actually threw punches. And like Punk, Ron Artest went in the stands attacked the wrong person. What happened to him? He was suspended the rest of the year.

Punk is lucky that the guy is not pressing charges. This is now front page on CNN, a PR nightmare for WWE.

As far as the fans attacking the superstars? Report to the police and ban them. Stripper policy, light touching, no force.

#48 ·
While I understand that most posters here are in their rebellious phase, there is absolutely no excuse for Punk to lay a hand on a fan. He is a professional, plain and simple. He is a public figure, thus held in higher standards. Not only does he represent himself, he represents the company. Specially the fact that he is the champion.
There is no sense in arguing, that a public figure has no right to defend him-/herself.
1) because you hide the fact, that this figure was cowardly physically attacked by a hooligan.
2) because by arguing so, you take away from that person the right to defend himself and his right to life and physical integrity.

Your way to prevaricate is not only an insult to everybody who has seen what happened. it is also the way of thinking that leads to such hooliganism.

As far as the fans attacking the superstars? Report to the police and ban them. Stripper policy, light touching, no force
at least in this point you show some discretion.

#37 ·
While I understand that most posters here are in their rebellious phase, there is absolutely no excuse for Punk to lay a hand on a fan.
So what is the excuse for the fans for shoving and hitting Punk? Well, there is no excuse either.
I'm tired of reading all this "professional" bullshit, when he only tried to protect his body. (I know I'm the only one who thinks that, but I don't care.) He turns a few times to warn them, but they didn't stop.
So before I get hit harder or somebody pushes me down I have to make a choice.

And to all those who are saying that it's just normal that he got pushed and hit because he's a heel: We have to face, that all just gimmiks to entertain us more or less. Even if I fucking hate Hornswoggle like hell, i would NEVER try to push him down the stairs or hit him in his kidneys or something.
That's just disgusting in ALL WAYS!

#40 ·
You exemplify the first thing I said. You sound so angry. The world does not hate you, do not worry, it will get better.

What you are saying is that a light tap on the head, CM Punk would have tumbled down the stairs breaking bones, damaging his kidneys, cracking his skull, etc...

I'm gonna summon my inner Jim Ross now.

MY GAWD, CM Punk is being beaten like a government mule! Good gawd almighty! He's not trying to hurt the man, he is trying to end his career! Someone help him! He might fall down the steps after getting nudged in the back of the head!

#41 ·
You exemplify the first thing I said. You sound so angry. The world does not hate you, do not worry, it will get better.
I am not angry! :sadpanda
And I love my life. And even if the world would hate me, I wouldn't care. xD

What you are saying is that a light tap on the head, CM Punk would have tumbled down the stairs breaking bones, damaging his kidneys, cracking his skull, etc...
If it was just a light tap on the head, I totally would agree that he overreacted. :) But it was more.

#44 ·
In the entertainment environment, this is 100% a security issue. If security is in place when a performer enters the fan area, their presence alone lets everyone know not to fuck around because they know they'll be caught if they do. Also they can act as a physical barricade when the actual barricade is jumped over.

As for the question, I suppose it depends on the circumstances such as who started it - the performer or the fan. If it's the fan starting shit by physical means then they should get ejected, but if it's the performer and fan is merely defending themselves then I'd say it's justified and fan should not be ejected.

#45 ·
Report to the cops and if the situation is serious enough ban the fucker for life

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.