Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Details on Vince's backstage blow-up

37K views 234 replies 160 participants last post by  ADRfan 
#1 ·
Credit to Wade Keller at The Torch:

-As first reported in this week's new PWTorch Newsletter (now available in a text version within our iPhone/iPad app for VIP members), one of the reasons Brian Gewirtz was relieved of his duties was that his replacement, Eric Pankowski, had really impressed Vince McMahon and earned his trust over the last eight months since he was hired. Also, Pankowski is considered "a Triple H guy." Meanwhile, as has been reported, Gewirtz had been working a lot from home lately, hadn't been on the road much at all, and was only in the office a few days a week. While just a couple years ago Gewirtz was considered as close to McMahon and as trusted by McMahon as anyone besides family and Kevin Dunn, he has fallen out of favor since.

-Also of note, Vince McMahon went on a tear before Raw on Monday, but in the midst of all of that, there is a buzz because one prominent wrestler fired back at Vince and didn't hold back. Details are sketchy because so few people were in the room, but PWTorch has learned that at least one powerful player in WWE let Vince know that he is a big part of the problem and blaming others and trying to intimidate people into fearing his wrath doesn't change that fact.
Anyone want to take a stab at which wrestler it was? My money's on Orton.

#86 ·
I dont see why someone like Punk wouldnt say anything because of the position theyre in. Maybe they genuinely want to see the product improve? He may be the top guy but whats the point in being the ruler of fuck all

#96 ·
It was Batista! Oh wait sorry is Mason Ryan.

Or how about The Miz? He's now scheduled to lose his title to Kofi plus he pretty much been jobbed out. He was a ME now he is a jobber I think he has a reason to be Angry at Vince.

#99 ·
It was Del Rio, this lucha libre radio show had a interview with him early today:

Transcript-spanish: "Le dije a Vince que el guión de la WWE apestaba, que Vince está haciendo lo que quiere y que la WWE está pasando por un mal momento sin hacer nada al respeto, sin escuchar a nadie y que ya no tiene el mismo control que antes". "Todo es una basura, y cuando la WWE se vaya al infierno, será todo culpa de él”. Habíamos 4 personas en el mismo cuarto; Orton, Cena, un oficial de la WWE y yo."

Translate: "I told vince that the script sucked, and that he is not listening to anyone and no longer has the same control as before".

"Everything is garbage, and when the WWE goes to hell, will be all his fault "

There were just 4 people in the room: Orton, Cena, a WWE officer and me".

#103 ·
Never liked Del Rio, but Del Rio has gained a lot of respect from me for that and it definitely needed to be said. I'm sure it's especially nerve-striking to Vince since Del Rio is one of the guys Vince is apparently high on.

#105 ·
Part of Del Rios problem is that he was booked to just talk about his destiny for a whole 1st year without being allowed off script so he's just not over...no wonder he bought issues up

#107 ·
That totally makes sense. He's been booked like absolute garbage, is actually pretty amazing to watch on those rare occasions he gets to shine, and is probably used to speaking his mind back home.

Gold star for you, Alberto Del Rio!

#120 ·
People are only "sucking Del Rio's dick" because he told Vince off aka the main reason why the product has been absolute fuckery for possibly MONTHS now. Of course people are going to praise ADR because he told off the man that everyone's hating on at the moment - and for a good reason.

#117 ·
If it was Del Rio give him a f'n medal. The guy has done what should have been done years ago. F'n hero. His own character has become stale and boring. A man of his talent deserves better (they all do).

I hope more wrestlers grow some balls and follow this man's lead. Well done again Del Rio...well done (if it was him of course :p ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.