Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Tennis Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #2170 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 02:47 PM
NJ88
Follower of Lockeism

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

re: Tennis Discussion Thread

I think Murrays style of play his altered somewhat this year. He used to push far more than he does now, he now does use a mixture of defensive and attacking play, much like Djokovic (although he attacks slightly more) I think Murray now get onn top of balls far better, he finishes poinnts far better and quicker than before too. I'd say he was a tactician, not a pusher now. He's got a ton of variaty, he changes direction and speed of the ball so easily, I think he's an incredibly interestinng player to watch.

In terms who who can make a dent in the top four...it's tough. I think Tsonga has the best chance but then I don't think it is much of a chance. He's someone who can beat any player when he's on and when everything works right, but one match doesn't win a tournnament unfortunately. I had hopes for Del Potro but he's so injury prone it will be difficult for him to maintain a top standard regulary. Yeh Ferrer could win the French but it would take major upsets to get Djokovic and Fed out of the tournament (not so much Murray, he's not a fantastic clay court player) but I thhink that's about it.

I think a Djokovic/Murray era or a year is pretty much inevitable. Nadals getting more injuries, he wont be able to play at a top level for much longer, Federer is getting older and there will be a point when he does decline and with nobody able to make any move on the top four Murray and Djokovic will be the top dogs in the very near future!

Marking for: John Morrison, Randy Orton, CM Punk, Sheamus, Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes and Jack Swagger.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome