Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Details on Vince's backstage blow-up

37K views 234 replies 160 participants last post by  ADRfan 
#1 ·
Credit to Wade Keller at The Torch:

-As first reported in this week's new PWTorch Newsletter (now available in a text version within our iPhone/iPad app for VIP members), one of the reasons Brian Gewirtz was relieved of his duties was that his replacement, Eric Pankowski, had really impressed Vince McMahon and earned his trust over the last eight months since he was hired. Also, Pankowski is considered "a Triple H guy." Meanwhile, as has been reported, Gewirtz had been working a lot from home lately, hadn't been on the road much at all, and was only in the office a few days a week. While just a couple years ago Gewirtz was considered as close to McMahon and as trusted by McMahon as anyone besides family and Kevin Dunn, he has fallen out of favor since.

-Also of note, Vince McMahon went on a tear before Raw on Monday, but in the midst of all of that, there is a buzz because one prominent wrestler fired back at Vince and didn't hold back. Details are sketchy because so few people were in the room, but PWTorch has learned that at least one powerful player in WWE let Vince know that he is a big part of the problem and blaming others and trying to intimidate people into fearing his wrath doesn't change that fact.
Anyone want to take a stab at which wrestler it was? My money's on Orton.

#63 ·
It's obviously Stan.

#74 ·
It's not Punk, Cena or Sheamus. Orton has had his run ins with the wellness policy so he has no leverage. Prominent wrestler, does that mean full time wrestler? Or like, top 10? If It's the latter I'd go with Kane speaking up. He's oldschool, has a lot of pull backstage and is currently involved in a popular program with Bryan, so he'd have pretty good leverage.

#82 · (Edited)
I don't believe it's Orton, nothing against Orton I am a fan but he should be happy that he's even in the wwe right now. The guy hasn't done anything noticeable since 2009 except for some great classic matches which wwe creative doesn't care about. He violated and it seems he is used to put others over until who knows..

I think it's either Punk or Cena. Those 2 are really prominent right now. And besides how do you know John-boy has no balls to get back at Vincent? You can assume all you want but he can be the biggest asskissing yes-man and masterpolitcian in one. Those 2 traits match real well in a corporate environment.

And as far as Punk goes, he has a reputation for being a loudmouth. He was a leader in ROH and right now he is a lockerroom leader as said by HHH and Michael Hayes in his DVD so I wouldn't say this is jsut a gimmick. Even though Punk has it all it seems like he can have lots of frustration with the whole direction of the company. It's possible he could be the guy.

#86 ·
I dont see why someone like Punk wouldnt say anything because of the position theyre in. Maybe they genuinely want to see the product improve? He may be the top guy but whats the point in being the ruler of fuck all

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.