#1 ·
Top 5 streak matches imo -

1. Taker/HBK Wm 25
2. Taker/HHH Wm 27
3. Taker/HHH Wm 28
4. Taker/HBK Wm 26
5. Taker/Orton Wm 21.

#1,232 ·
Since the trend has been for everyone to face Undertaker two WM's in a row, how about Cena loses this year, then next year at WM30 turns heel and cheats to end the streak. Boom, biggest moment in history

#1,259 ·
To be honest.. thats a fucking fantastic idea and the only way I see the streak should end. Look at the backlash already on the forum. Seriously, how would you turn Cena heel right now? This would be the biggest heel turn, and in general one of the biggest moments in wrestling history. That would be fucking huge.

#1,237 ·
Re: Undertaker vs Punk at WrestleMania? FUCK THIS SHIT!

Sting and Goldberg are not threats to Undertaker's streak.

I would not have picked Punk, but I think it will be entertaining. I would prefer to see Undertaker vs. Cena. I think that's a fresher match, and it gets Cena away from Rock!

#1,247 ·

I feel the same way, but this match is actually an insult to Punk, not The Undertaker. He should be main eventing with Rock, not jobbing in some filler match 3'rd from the top like he did last year.

Being in a streak match with The Undertaker is an honor and don't you forget it.

#1,241 ·

The feud was average last time....but im definetly anxious to see the rematch

#1,246 ·

The Shield can screw Undertaker. What if this is Undertaker's last match? Retiring undefeated at Mania is a waste, use the streak to build someone else, so if he's retiring then he should lose. No more cards to draw with Taker, so use it for the future. The only other reason Taker shouldn't lose is because ppl will hate whomever beats him, but that if Punk screws Undertaker he'll get the heat he desperately needs.

If Punk loses, then yeah, its terrible booking, no need to shit on your #2. Punk should be losing clean to a bunch of different guys on the roster TODAY to make TODAY's stars look good; the extremely rare Punk loss shouldn't be wasted on someone who's retired.

#1,251 ·

To be honest, no one is a threat to The Undertaker right now. The streak has reached a stage where you just know it won't end.

But if, just if, imagine if Punk did win against Undertaker. Would it boost or damage his reputation?

#1,252 ·

I would like to see it and let me explain why.
If it is the Undertaker's Final Match/Retire Match, it will an honor for him to retire as WWE Champion as he surely deserves to and along with it, retire the current belt.

To say honestly, CM Punk reign as WWE Champion see no ending, cause no one currently in the WWE can make the point of CM Punk losing the title seem a right move, but if it's the Undertaker, it will be a respectful ending for both party.

#1,254 · (Edited)

I would like to see it and let me explain why.
If it is the Undertaker's Final Match/Retire Match, it will an honor for him to retire as WWE Champion as he surely deserves to and along with it, retire the current belt.
It's not his final match, that will be next year when he fights Cena, and even if it were, it's STILL in the midcard. Give me Rock vs Punk in the closer over Punk vs Undertaker in Taker's last match 2'nd or 3'rd from the top ANY DAY. And nobody, not even Undertaker deserves to just walk in after wrestling one match a year and STEAL the WWE Championship from Punk after a reign of this magnitude and then disappear again so the belt can be vacant and they start over. What a waste. He doesn't need to be honored any more than he already has.

#1,257 ·
Re: So after Punk loses the title, expect to hear this the next night

Punk and 'Taker is a pointless match if there's no title on the line.

The entire premise of it is supposed to be Longest Title Reign in Quarter of a Century vs. The Streak.

Take away the title reign part and what do you have left? The Streak... and Punk.

#1,258 ·

As huge a Taker mark that I am, I actually hope they aren't planning on going with Punk and Undertaker, although it's really one of the more obvious choices they have right now.

If Undertaker wins, I can't see him sticking around and going on the road again, so he'll probably drop the title inside of 6 weeks and it will all have been for nothing.

And if Punk wins (8*D), well obviously he would forever be cemented as the fucking Man and all that, but what are the odds of that happening at this point?

#1,264 ·

I don't understand this size argument. Shawn Micheals says hello.
It's the booking. They built Shawn up as a threat to anyone because he had the superkick and a never-say-die attitude to compensate for his size. They've done nothing like that with Punk so people will focus on his stature while disregarding HBK's.

#1,262 ·
Re: So after Punk loses the title, expect to hear this the next night

The Rock to win at the Rumble, Ryback to win the rumble and go after the WHC. Cena to then go onto Elimination Chamber to win the no1 contendership in the chamber, meaning The Rock doesn't defend in the cell instead rematches with Punk. Then it will be The Rock/Cena at WM with Punk/Taker.

Sounds slightly better to be than Cena winning the rumble and The Rock winning the title.

#1,265 ·

I think it's just a rumour being floated around be some bullshit news sources (all wrestling news sources are bullshit) and I think a poster said Punk said he doesn't want to face the streak as its already a foregone conclusion now that you loose, cause either no one wants to beat it out of respect for Taker or cause backstage will say no.

Then again doesn't mean it can't be a good match, basic, "Taking down the giant" psychology that Punk has done a number of times with people like Umanga or Kane, can't say I'll be surprised when he loses, but nowadays if it isn't Rock or Cena, of course he'll win, Punk however right now has the fame and prestige to support a Taker/ feud. As the guy above me said, they would have to start booking Punk a lot better for it to work.

#1,267 ·

I disagree, they have made it quite clear, punk is one of the best, his longest reing in the world, as well as rock, cena, and evbrey one else saying how he is one of the best

any indication that he is not up to the taks IMO is purely on you and not the majority in this case

He held his own aginst Ryback, and Cena, beat cean three or four times last year, has held the title for how long?
he is being booked as one of the strongest of all time, maybe you say tis cause he cheats? still means he is booked strong, he may very well win the match if we go by booking

#1,268 ·

Punk vs Taker could work.

Punk starts hot. Taker takes control and starts to kick Punks ass for a bit. Shield comes in and kick Takers ass.

Punk goes for the cover and the good guy locker empties and runs off the shield. Kane comes in and nails Punk. Taker recovers, tombstone. 1-2-3...streak is complete.

This does a lot of things.
a) Punk shooting on Taker leading into WM would be epic.
b) Gives the shield something major to do at WM.
c) Gives Taker his last goodbye and ties in Kane as well.

It could work.

Of course it won't be booked anything close to this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.