Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Cena's promo got to me
View Single Post
post #91 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 08:50 PM
ShaggyK
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Cena's promo got to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmicky View Post

I'm slightly bugged because there is an angle this could sort of work. Punk has never beaten Cean clean, Cean was distracted at MitB (so was Punk before hand but two stains don't make it clean) at SS HHH didn't spot the foot on the rope. This years SS Punk pinned Show rather then Cena and of course NoC was a draw. One could say that Punk had had a good reign which he had fought well but he had never DEFINITIVELY proved he was better then Cena and that there was no competition right now better then Cena. Basically Cena could say that Punk hadn't proved himself the best in the world but he was very good, rather then saying Punk was irrelevant because he wasn't Cena. The moment Foley could have been talking about was proving once and for all he was The Best in the World rather then just beating Cean again in a slightly different setting for shits and giggles.
I agree, but what does it say if Punk's one CLEAN win over Cena is in a Hell in a Cell match? If they're going to go with the "Punk finally beat Cena clean" angle, I'd rather it be in a straight wrestling match. No stipulation, no guest referee, no gimmick.

Even through the darkest days, this fire burns always.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome