Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Red Dwarf Series X Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
Snowman
Moron

Snowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more seriousSnowman needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Red Dwarf Series X Discussion Thread

Just finished watching the first episode. Couple of points:

1) I agree with how wrong it looks these days. The cheap look just fit with what they were originally trying to portray - last human being alive, no hope, despair etc...

2) There's a problem with the characters. Either they have changed or the acting was poor or even overacting in parts. I can't put my finger on it but when I watch series 6 and then series 10, it's like a different set of characters with only glimpses of what made them so likable in the first place.

3) I dislike what they did with Rimmers brother. It changed his back story and that annoyed me. His father used to beat them all and toughen them up so that they would eventually be in the space core. He's supposed to be jealous of his successful brothers which made Rimmer the ass he has been throughout his entire life. Now he is on par with one of them, he has no reason be jealous and therefore the ass he has always been.

To me Red dwarf ended with series 6. 7 was awful, 8 was OK, 9 was terrible.

BUT although I have these criticisms, I kinda enjoyed it. I don't know why but I did and I'll continue watching and continue criticising but I love this show and the cast of characters that have entertained me so much over the years.
Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote