Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #7090 (permalink)
Choke2Death
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania

Choke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

I'm really excited about watching 2005. Got all the Raw episodes (I hope so anyways), Smackdown is almost finished as are PPVs. Should be a great year.

And SC, you forgot Orton/Christian. They had an awesome series of matches last year and I heard their mini-feud on Raw 05 was also good.

Chris Benoit's Title Reign:

vs HHH vs Shawn Michaels (Wrestlemania 20) ~ *****
vs HHH vs Shawn Michaels (Backlash) ~ ****1/2
vs Shawn Michaels (Raw 3/5/2004) ~ ****1/4
vs Kane (Bad Blood) ~ ****
vs Kane (Raw 28/6/2004) ~ ***1/2
vs HHH (Vengeance) ~ ***3/4
vs Eugene (Raw 26/7/2004) ~ ***
vs HHH (Ironman, Raw 2/8/2004) ~ ****1/4
vs Randy Orton (SummerSlam) ~ ****1/2

Overall: An excellent title reign without a single dull match. Unfortunately, Benoit was never given a fair chance on a whole, though. He cut 1 or 2 promos throughout this entire reign and the only thing he got to do was wrestle which I understand was his strong point. But he was also never given much in way of opponents to work with either. Outside of the short feud with Kane, it was all HHH, HHH, HHH and more HHH. Then he got to play second-fiddle to Eugene's bullshit and the title became an afterthought. But he still managed to put on great matches every chance he got. Why couldn't have anyone else gotten a shot at the title other than HHH and whoever he was feuding with? For instance, Chris Jericho cut a promo saying he was going to get a title shot but it never happened and instead when he won that little silly chairs game the week before Vengeance that took place in Winnipeg, he got a title shot at the Intercontinental title instead. How fucking pointless was that?