Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)
View Single Post
post #6873 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Irish Jet
Bitches love goals

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Bossy View Post
I'm starting to think this company is screwed. Vince was advertised a fair amount for being on this Raw, Cena came back and was involved in both the beginning and ending segments...and the best they could do is a 2.8?

This is why I don't get why so many clueless yokels try arguing that Punk is the sole reason for the bad ratings. Look at this, even getting desperate and putting Vince in there and getting Cena involved and we get a relatively minor ratings increase that STILL can't break a 3.0. That's also why I don't understand the ridiculous "last week was the lowest drawing Raw in 15 years, its all Punk's fault" shit either. Its not exactly like they had very far to fall for that to happen. Now they pull out all the stops and still only manage to pull off a 2.8, which is still really unimpressive. What's the excuse gonna be this week? Global warming? The 1992 L.A. riots? Malaria? Communism?

Face it, wrestling just isn't a hot product these days, and the only remedy is building it up again to the point of greatness, not this once in a while going all out for one night of ratings that don't suck as badly and the rest of the time its the same old shit (ie. the formula they currently use). This problem didn't just happen overnight, and its not going to be fixed that quickly either. In both cases, we're talking years here.
This thread is no place for sense and logic. GTFO!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome