Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The legacy25: Terry Funk
View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 04:20 AM
Elipses Corter
If I really don't like someone, I call them a Tony Schiavone.---Ron Funches

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: The legacy25: Terry Funk

Only a legend for me. To say he's GOAT is ranking him above Flair, which I can't do and even then, I don't have Flair as GOAT but he is ahead of Funk.

Nothing against Funk, as I enjoyed him most in ECW, as he still performed at a good pace. It's just that the GOAT term gets thrown around so much and is undeserved in some cases. Some fans have GOAT lists with nothing but Attitude Era stars, some with old school stars, some with a mix of those 2 and international stars.

Funk is indeed a legend and an international star. But, I'd be lying to myself if I labeled him GOAT, considering I've never listed him any other time in GOAT threads. He revolutionized the wild, brawling style and from what I hear, had an impressive career in the 70s and 80s. He was actually 1 of the first wrestlers I've ever seen perform on TV (with Muta vs. Sting/Flair).

Legend indeed but, for my personal tastes, likely not in my top 25. Then again, I'm only 26 and most of his glory was before I was born.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome