Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair
View Single Post
post #184 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
619IDH
Finally Out of Cutey Sleep

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Informer
~It looks like AOW’s “hotshotting” has extended into the New Year and probably will until the Offseason. AOW was forced to put on some big matches prior to their second Supershow late last year. This occurred for a variety of reasons, one of them resurfacing to a great extent in terms of ratings and the renewing of Oblivion’s TV deal. We’ve been reporting, of course, that the Offseason will be used mostly to get Oblivion and AOW a new TV deal, whether it be with FX or elsewhere. The hotshotting in 2008 has already given us a PPV worthy title match between Jericho and Bryan Danielson, as well as an incredibly bold move by debuting both Kofi Kingston and Tyler Black, two very unproven mainstream bodies, on the same show against each other and having them go for a half hour.

~On the note of Black and Kingston, their match has garnered critical acclaim across the wrestling world, though the overriding reason they were given so much time is unsure. OVW and AOW officials alike had wanted to get both of these young men on screen before spring because they were the two most talked about talents to be featured over the Offseason programming if it does indeed become an AOWxOVW crossover. They did not, however, want them debuting over the Internet.

~Continuing with the Offseason ripples that keep going, expect not just more hotshot booking, but for virtually every talent on the roster to at least make appearances before The Outer Limits, even those that have not been seen in a while. This is because AOW wants to give all signed with the company at least one last TV appearance payday before the Offseason takes everyone off, as well as rounding off any storylines that still have loose ends. Expect some way to get as many guys on screen as possible to show up in coming weeks, which could lead to many multi-man matches, though there's danger of potential overbooking. With that said, there will almost certainly be roster cuts during/before the Offseason.

~As far as other roster news, William Regal has yet to become an official roster member with all the kinks being worked in the WWE case that could cost AOW money it doesn’t have. But we know nothing more than we did last time about that, as its, understandably, quite under wraps.

~Keeping the roster theme here, Tommy Dreamer has yet to make a contractual appearance for the company. We noted a few months ago that Dreamer would be making a few appearances for the company, but not be an actual full-time competitor. It’s almost certain his appearances will be to play into the RVD storyline somehow. Speaking of Regal and Dreamer, both coming from the WWE in their most recent contracts, there is still very hush-hush word on whom the individual AOW has snatched right from the WWE roster is. We’ve speculated that Matt Hardy and John Morrison are prime candidates, but Hardy is out following appendix surgery and won’t be available to anyone until April. A new name, Elijah Burke, has hit the waves after not being seen on WWE television for some time.

Until next time, friends, this has been The Informer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohdubya.com
!!AOHDUBYA.COM EXCLUSIVES!!

This week on the dot com, we’ve got not just one, not just two, but FOUR TIMES the exclusive content! This time, it’s all about the partners – alliances take center stage on Exclusives. Some believe they have been conspired against, while another one looks to do his own (xenophobic) thing while his cohorts do their business. One other one wishes the other side would listen, and perhaps the most intriguing one has a desperate man trying to make an alliance to end the terrifying reign of another.

Spoiler for Bryan Danielson Makes a Plea:

We’re brought to a very dimly lit scene, very much surrounded by darkness other than a weak light that keeps flickering on and off. Soon emerging from the darkness is Bryan Danielson, his Cruiserweight title around his waist. He pulls on a chord connected to the light, stabilizing it and turning it on all the way before stepping directly underneath it and looking into the camera

Danielson:
I am…one man. I’m not a white knight. I’m not a catalyst. I’m not a miracle worker.
~Danielson runs his hands through his hair

Danielson
:
Chris Jericho…as much as I detest you, you said something last week that rang far too true to me. That I am just one man. That I don’t have an ‘army’ behind me.
~Danielson’s eyes are hard, trying not to be disappointed in himself

Danielson
:
That I don’t have any ‘followers’ or worshipers behind me. That no one’s gonna follow my lead in the war against you. I realize all too much that you’re right.
~Danielson turns away from the camera to put his head in his hands before lifting them up and looking back, an even angrier look in his eyes

Danielson
:
But I know I’m not alone. I know that your reign of tyranny has to have an end in sight. And I know I can’t be the only one who feels this way.
~Danielson’s gaze is hard, yearning for someone, but he throws his hands up, then on his waist…

Danielson
:
I’m not gonna beg for anybody to come speak up for me. Or to come help me. But all I’m saying is if there’s anyone. And I mean ANYONE who feels the same way I do, just know that you…I…none of us can take down this monster and his monsters alone. United, we have a chance. Divided, we’re just forever gonna be his pawns. And I for one refuse to let an American Dragon and the company he loves be at a puppetmaster’s strings any longer.
~Danielson stares intensely into the camera before his gaze wears off, almost as if he knows his plea may be pointless. He turns around and cuts the light off, the entire shot being filled with darkness now, as we hear what sounds like Danielson’s boots walking away…

Spoiler for The World’s Greatest Tag Team Pull The Plug:

We’re taken back to last week, where the World’s Greatest Tag Team are back in the locker room area immediately following Haas’ match, taking things out of their lockers and throwing them into duffle bags, both of them absolutely fuming. Haas even punches a locker as Steve Romero stumbles into the room onto these frantic champions

Steve Romero:
Uh…gentlemen…what seems to be the problem?

Benjamin:
Did you not just see what just happened out there? Huh? We were forced to compete in a chaotic environment!

Haas:
And I LOST! I LOST!! I lost because the stupid referee wouldn’t fix a hazardous workspace!

Benjamin:
You see, Stevie, that ring is our workplace. It is where we do all of our work, and we’re damn proud of it. But we are not proud of terrible officials.

Haas:
And we’re even less proud of opponents who wanna take advantage of that hazard! That’s utterly and completely disrespectful!

Benjamin:
That means you, TJ Wilson, you disrespectful little shit!
~Romero is completely taken aback by that

Steve Romero
:
Woh, there, Benjamin. Just last week, you were willing to both take turns at the kid.

Benjamin:
That was before he showed his true colors, Steve!

Haas:
That’s right! So Wilson – that deal we offered you if you beat us both? It’s officially OFF until you can compete fair and square and with respect!
~The two conclude throwing things into bags and zip them both up and sling the straps over their shoulders

Steve Romero
:
Wait…where are you two going?

Haas:
We’re leaving this stupid place!

Benjamin:
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again – we’ve beaten everyone there is to beat in this division for our Tag Team Championships. We’re leaving until there are challengers who are yearning for an opponent just as bad as we are.

Haas:
Peace out, sucka!
~Perhaps a small jab at the Bookerman comes from the very white Charlie Haas, who flashes a peace sign in Romero’s face before he and Benjamin walk right out the door with their Tag Team Championships as Steve looks on completely stunned as we fade away…

Spoiler for Carlito Meets Another Hispanic “Star”:

We’re back at last week’s show, Carlito just exiting the locker room after handing The Mercs another wad of cash to help watch his back. He steps out and buffs his white blazer, only to spot somebody…

Carlito:
HEY! JU! Mask boy!
~The camera pans to see a man we haven’t seen in several weeks, Aero Star, apparently making his way towards the locker room, but freezes once Carlito calls him and points him out, quickly approaching him

Carlito:
Carlito knows ju’re friends wit’ dose Mexicools! Where are they?
~Star remains silent and stares at Carlito

Carlito:
Carlito is talkin’ to ju, boy! Ju don’t wanna rat’em out, is that it?
~’lito grabs Star by the collar of his blue sleeveless costume and pulls him close to his face

Carlito:
Carlito can be very persuasive when he wants to be. So tell Carlito where ju’re buddies are!
~Aero Star responds by HEADBUTTING CARLITO BETWEEN THE EYES!! ‘Lito’s head whiplashes as Star gets out of his grasp and prepares to launch himself at the reeling Bad Apple, but Carlito gets a boot up and NAILS STAR IN THE FACE!!

Carlito:
Ju – ju’re just like jour friends – ju mock the heritage ju say ju celebrate! There’s nothing proud about wearing dis –
~Carlito tries to rip the mask off of the luchador, but Star shows resistance, eventually pulling Carlito close enough to KICK ‘LITO SQUARE IN THE FACE, sending him reeling once again. Star then spots a nearby chair, and runs at it, then leaping on it…AND LANDING RIGHT ON CARLITO WITH A BIG AIR CROSSBODY!!

(Offscreen) Official:
Hey! Hey! We got another one!
~The same men who we saw earlier in the night burst into the scene and separate the small brawl between Hassan and Punk are right back on the scene, jogging out to pull both men to their feet and away from each other, Carlito viciously trying to break the grasp he’s in. Star is pulled back as well, but he complies, stepping behind the wall of security and flashes Carlito his signature salute, which only infuriates the Bad Apple even more. Star is led away while Carlito is held back and sneering as we fade away…

Spoiler for The Sydal/Kidman Chronicles Pt. V: Silver Lining:

We come to an image of last week’s Oblivion, a very disappointed looking Matt Sydal in the Hammerstein parking garage. He’s in street attire, but all we can see is the blue hoodie he’s wearing, with a bag over his shoulder that he throws into the back seat of his car. He shuts the door and starts walking around to the driver’s side when he stops to notice a stray box not too far from him.

Sydal stares at the box for a moment…before running up to it and punting it in anger, yelling as he does so. He then turns around and is breathing rapidly, his breath forming fog from his lips in the harsh New York winter air. He then looks to his car and SMASHES a balled-up fist into the hood, not denting it, but an obvious sign of intense frustration.

Right when his fist hits the hood, Billy Kidman comes out of the back doors in a leather jacket, seeing his flustered pupil. Sydal sees him out of the corner of his eye, leaning against the hood and sticking his hands in his pockets. Kidman walks over and joins Sydal in leaning against the hood, neither of them looking at each other.

Kidman:
You did good tonight, kid.

Sydal:
Not in the win column I didn’t.

Kidman:
It’s not all about the wins here though, kid. You showed guts in there.

Sydal:
Well guts got me leg dropped halfway to hell.
~Kidman puts a hand on his pupil’s shoulder and looks at him. Sydal doesn’t look back.

Kidman:
Look, kid, I know you’re getting hard on yourself. But everything works out in the end. I just got a call from the guy who’s gonna be in charge next week.
~Sydal finally looks at his mentor

Sydal
:
Yeah? What’d he say?

Kidman:
He said you impressed him so much, he’s gonna give you another shot next week.

Sydal:
At Doane?

Kidman:
No. Better. To be the number one contender for the Cruiserweight Championship.
~Sydal’s disappointment dissipates like his cold breath

Sydal
:
Seriously? That’s…that’s huge!

Kidman:
You’re gonna have to fight for it, though. It’s gonna be a mini-tournament. There’ll be two four-way matches, and the winners go at it for the contendership. You’re up next week, kiddo.
~Kidman puts a hand on Sydal’s shoulder and warmly looks him in the eye

Kidman:
This is your chance, kid.

Sydal:
Thanks, Billy.
~Kidman pats Sydal on the back before reaching in the kid’s pocket and pulling out the car keys

Kidman:
Yeah, well, let’s get outta here. Losers don’t get to drive.
~Kidman smiles as he walks towards the driver’s seat, Sydal forced to put up a smirk and at least have a small laugh at himself as we fade away…
Thnx in bunches for the feed, fellas. The show is coming along pretty slowly, but it should be in form hopefully by the end of the week. Hope a preview comes along with it. Hope all don't hate me for the direction I'm heading. Until then, hope all stay well, peeps. Oh, and good luck to all in the Tourney

CUTENESS²

AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair
It's Baaaaack...
.:Oblivion Edition 37 NOW POSTED!!
:.

Last edited by 619IDH; 10-10-2012 at 01:11 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome