Wrestling Forum banner

WWE Planning A Big Bryan Singles Push Soon?

10K views 104 replies 80 participants last post by  kenjiharima 
#1 ·
#25 ·
Hopefully, the man has made this god awful "anger management" stuff work and actually become rather funny. He obviously knows how to go with any situation and I feel has to have proven himself to almost anybody by now.

#26 ·
I hope most of you guys are being sarcastic, this isn't really "news" but rather making vague and obvious statements that has the appearance of news.

- As noted before, WWE officials are very high on Kane and Daniel Bryan. They are especially high on Bryan right now. The feeling is that he can be put in just about any kind of situation and excel. Bryan will receive a big singles push once the tag team run with Kane is over.

1. WWE officials are high on the highest rated segments that get the biggest crowd reactions? Shocking. And again who are these mysterious officials? Its almost as bad as sports writers using "anonymous sources say..."

2. Especially high on Bryan - again, pretty obvious statement

3. Can be put in any kind of situation - what situations would that be, vague statement is purposefully vague to neither be right nor wrong.

4. Will receive a big singles push after tag team run over - because there are so many other options besides singles or tag team matches???

#28 ·
I'll take this report with a pinch of slat but I do hope Bryan gets a good singles push eventually. However, I am really enjoying his work with Kane. I love the fact people used to say he will be forever midcard and has no charisma, yet he became one of the most over superstars today. Every situation he is in, he makes the most of it, which is what most superstars should be doing.

#35 ·
I'm with you. People wanna talk about Punk being a ratings drain, every Kane/Bryan segment in the past month has just bombed with the TV viewing audience. And why wouldn't they? Its been the same "I'm the tag team champions" bullshit for going on a month, and the formula for their matches of constantly fighting has gotten so old so fast. You see it once, you're set for life.

And those who seriously believe Bryan is the star of the tag team are dreaming. He may be better in the ring, but when it comes to actual humor, Kane jumped the shark in the third anger management skit where he listed his life's history. Its all been completely down hill and getting more irritating by the week ever since.

Sorry, but I find that ever since Bryan became more popular, his matches have become a lot more repetitive, formulaic and boring to watch (so...many...fucking...kicks...this isn't UFC), and I've never thought his mic work was that great. If he breaks off to be a singles wrestler, I can see him making the IC or US titles a lot more relevant again, but in major main event storylines, I'd prefer he not be involved.

#32 ·
This report is so vague as to be completely useless. However, Bryan's career is red hot right now. The main event in Raw is pretty much filled now until WM, so I predict he will hold the tag belt for at least the next 2 months then go onto a upper mid-card feud from RR to WM (he should be in the Raw chamber match). Preferably he feuds with someone that is also on their way to the main event like Wade or Dolph.

I'd like to see him break into the main event as a major player after WM.

#64 ·
I'm not jaded. I like what I like and don't what I don't. I find Bryan to be rather irritating and nothing he's done as part of this anger management thing has impressed me. He's unfortunately fallen into the slump a lot of WWE wrestlers do of being very formulaic. Sometimes that can be awesome if the gimmick is right. Bryan's...isn't. He's being the same annoying guy over and over again and I get tired of it. And you wanna talk about being typecast..these YES and NO chants are gonna follow the guy the rest of his career. If he ever does get the chance to be a serious character and tries to cut scathing promos, he's gonna be received with YES and NO forever. In a way, he's cursed with this. That is gonna be his big contribution to the wrestling world and he'll probably never outlive it.

And seriously? Punk and Bryan carrying the WWE for a long time? Such a ludicrous statement doesn't even deserve a serious reply.

#42 ·
Intercontinetial or US picture where he should be. But WWE will probably put him in both WWE Title & WHC picture again.

Just wish they bring Regal in to be his manager. I find him on the mic to be annoying.
Oh the irony....

#41 ·
Push to the middle of the card with a comedy tweener gimmick who loses to both heels and faces is what they're clearing headed towards. Submission expert who taps to everyone else's submissions and no one tapping to his. It's a parody gimmick.

#46 ·
seriously I've heard nothing but people continue to doubt this guy and this place is ALWAYS wrong so I am just enjoying the ride and hope he reaches the top again because I enjoy watching him wrestle and talk on the MIC he isn't the best but i rather have this dude any day over sheamus/orton/big show/Del Rio

#47 ·
I don't see a spot for him other than the one he's got that's better at the minute.

He could turn face and start a program with Ziggler over the World title, but then what's he doing at Mania? MITB? I think they should keep the tag team thing going atleast until WrestleMania, help create some actual teams in the process and then post WrestleMania he can turn face and Challenge for the WWE title in May/June.

#49 ·
I'd be the fist to want Bryan to get into the title picture, but while, like many have said, the main event is so full, he should remain with Kane, they are transforming the tag team division right now. When they eventually drop the titles, D Bry can feud with Kane for a little while, then maybe a few others in the mid card, and head into the title scene post WM 29, could be the perfect slow build to stardom.

#57 ·
Not saying that the article or website is credible but if they are planning a big push for him it shouldn't be surprising at all

and People on this forum always dbout him.

They will never sign him....proves them wrong, He will never be more than a jobber...proves them wrong...he is fired he will never come back...proves them wrong...He will never win a title...he will never make it out of mid card...he will not win the MITB... He wil never get over and sell merc.....He will cash in and fail...He will lose the title in 1 month tops....he lost in 17 seconds at WM, He will never recover...The yes chants will only last for 2 weeks top....he will never compete for the WWE championship...

#58 ·
Doesn't sound like a news report, it's pretty obvious that he's still getting pushed over most of the guys despite beeing in the TT division. You know you're one of the bigshots if an irrelevant division suddenly becomes a focal point of the show just by you beeing in it, similar to JeriShow a few years back. Not to mention his merch is doing good sales, both his tag team and personal shirts. I don't think that he will get the Eddie/Jericho treatment either simply because the roster isn't as strong as back then, he's one of the most presentable TV guys in the WWE, which is what the staff is looking for the most so it's safe to say that he will be maineventing a large portion of his run, even if not feuding for the title.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.