Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Raw 10/8/12 Discussion: Rise Above Nipples, Punk Slaps Bitches

View Single Post

Old 10-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #2350 (permalink)
Zankman Jack
Little Poppa Pump

Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500Zankman Jack 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Raw Discussion Thread 10/8/12: Rise Above Nipples, Punk Punches Bitches

I am one of the few people which has been high on RAW for the past month or so: really, since around Summerslam, WWE has really gotten a grasp on how to make a decent to good episode of RAW.
Now, I don't know how the ratings are doing or how well they place their segments to achieve good ratings, but the content itself has been good.

Of course, there have been many occurrences of bad booking, bad decisions and such, but really, since Summerslam basically all episodes of RAW have been solid.

This one really took the cake - best 5 of the year, for sure. Lots of matches, lots of steps forward, lots of attention to lots of wrestlers. Perfect? Hell no. Better than last week? Yes.
Better than 80% of the first half of 2012? Indubitably.

It helps that the crowd was epic.
Now, again, don't get me wrong - there are a bunch of questionable decisions, little quirks and big botches (see: Barrett's return), but it's still better than before.

One thing they really need to improve on is their attention to detail and "depth development". There are examples of things done right (everything about Punk, honestly) and examples of things done bad (Cesaro, Barrett, Rhodes Scholars - all gimmicks/storylines need work).

So yeah, I'm enjoying the product, and with guys like Henry returning (hopefully) soon, I hope WWE continues to improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstro1988 View Post
Really, really enjoyed this week's Superstars. Honestly, the fans who are too snobbish to watch it, dismissing it as 'Jobberstars' really miss out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Extra- View Post
This post really makes you too smart for a '12er, doesn't it? Your new join date is 2008.
Zankman Jack is offline   Reply With Quote