Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Cena's promo got to me

View Single Post

Old 10-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rocky Mark
HE'S FAT

Rocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missed
Default Cena's promo got to me

anyone else felt really irritated when Cena was cutting his promo ?

normally when Cena cuts a promo I just kick it and don't take it to the heart, but this time he really got to me

I never felt this annoyed by a Cena promo, even when he was cutting all those "I'm here he's NOT" promos about The Rock

this last one however got to me, I really felt insulted this time, Cena was talking about how Punk is selfish and how Punk shutted down the people's voice, EVEN THO this is coming from the guy who people were booing unmercifully for 6 years or so, and EVEN THO this is the same guy who was shoved down the fan's throats all those years without so much as slight change for his gimmick

but again this isn't the first time Cena spews out hypocrisy in his promos, after all this is a 12 time world champion calling another wrestler selfish even tho Cena got three chances against Punk this year and two last year

then it gets worse, Cena continues to bury Punk's reign, I'm not one of the IWC noobs who after any insult during a promo go all "OH HE GOTZ BERRIED!!111" , but frankly the stuff Cena said was not helpful at all to Punk's credibility, he made Punk look like a cream puff and did't acknowledge that Punk 2-0'd him last year in two PPVs and acted as if those were shit stains

I could've understand that if Cena said the promo LAST YEAR before Summerslam (Punk/Cena II), in order to add hype to the PPV, but did he really have to say that after Punk not only went over him two straight PPVs last year (and well two PPVs this year) and held the belt 310 days or more ?

Cena never built Punk in any way during his promo, if I was watching wrestling for the first time and the first thing I saw was that Cena promo, I would've never guessed that Punk was the champion for 310 days nor that he defeated Cena, I would've thought that they were facing each other for the first fucking time

..and to top it all off, Punk got his ass kicked by a 67 year old man (not important but still, lol)

so basically, if you keyfabe it, we got a recycled promo from a guy whose been the top dog and main eventing WM for 8 straight years, held the belt 12 times, calling the champion of the company selfish and a punk even tho he got more than 3 chances to get his win back

I don't know, I could be taking it too seriously, but as a fan I really felt they were insulting my mind during Cena's segment

so what do you guys think ?