Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The legacy25: Terry Funk

View Single Post

Old 10-09-2012, 07:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Hollywood Hanoi
Tangled Up In Purple

Hollywood Hanoi is making a name for themselvesHollywood Hanoi is making a name for themselvesHollywood Hanoi is making a name for themselvesHollywood Hanoi is making a name for themselvesHollywood Hanoi is making a name for themselvesHollywood Hanoi is making a name for themselvesHollywood Hanoi is making a name for themselvesHollywood Hanoi is making a name for themselvesHollywood Hanoi is making a name for themselvesHollywood Hanoi is making a name for themselvesHollywood Hanoi is making a name for themselves
Default Re: The legacy25: Terry Funk

G.O.A.T.
Honestly my favourite wrestler of all time and anyone who thinks hes only notable for hardcore stuff seriously needs a history lesson, no one can make me believe in a story or angle quite like Funk can,guy could do it anything, the I quit feud with Flair would probably be my favourite of all.

Recently found this interview from I think the late 90s, couple of interesting nuggets about Flair and Hogan there
http://www.australiansportsentertain...ryfunkbio.html
btw his WWF match with Hogan is well worth a look.

On top of all that he just seems like one of the most likeable respectable guys in the business. One of my fave Funk stories is from Foleys first book, Mick was having his first match against him and was most looking forward to taking and selling Funks legendery punch (the best in the business) and was a little surprised to find they werent worked but just looked so good because they were 100% real.
He mentions this to Funk after the match and Terry replies in his sweet old man voice
"oh Cactus Jack, all this time you just thought I was really good!"

Last edited by Hollywood Hanoi : 10-09-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Hollywood Hanoi is offline   Reply With Quote