Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Small guys as Main Eventers

View Single Post

Old 10-09-2012, 12:21 AM   #39 (permalink)
RDClip
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice

RDClip RDClip
Default Re: Small guys as Main Eventers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEELKris View Post
I hate those stupid ''small guys'', it looks so gay when they beat a guy who's twice their size. Main eventers should look like WRESTLERS. Intimidating, not boring midgets. Eat vegetables and lift some weights. You have to actually do more than be spot monkies. You have to do promos that are actually good, you have to put asses in seats, at least more than 50 chairs, which is what you all are used to. And you have to draw a crowd, at least more than 100 people, which are the only people who want to watch indy wrestling. WWE needs to put titles on big men like Ryback
And Zeke and Mason Ryan and Khali and any other talentless body builder that wants to be on TV.

Not saying Ryback suck as much as them, but just being big shouldn't qualify someone to be a top guy. If there is a big guy that has the skill and endurance to go in the ring, I am fine with it. I was okay with it when Brock was going to be the no.1 guy (even though I thought he was best as a heel)

People would pay to see a average-height guy if WWE booked them well. To be an action star doesn't require a actor to be 6'6". Christian Bale isn't nearly as big as the comics portray Batman as, but the Dark Knight trilogy has made a crapload of money. Even in the age of excess known as the 80's (especially in action movies) Stallone (5'9") was just as popular as Arnie (6'2").