Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official World Of Sport (British Wrestling 1970s-1980s) Appreciation Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-08-2012, 06:40 PM   #25 (permalink)
WOOLCOCK
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone

Location: Golfing with Stephen Hawking, he lied about his handicap. Didn't need a golf cart though, I just sat in his lap.
WOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: Official World Of Sport (British Wrestling 1970s-1980s) Appreciation Thread

I can appreciate the rounds system isn't to everyone's cup of tea. However when utilised well I find it adds to a lot of the bigger WOS matches, especially when one wrestler secures an advantage throughout one round and there's this air of uncertainty as they go back into the corner about whether the other wrestler can regain the advantage, or whether he's a sitting duck.

Good to see you loved Cestra vs Cantazarro, it is fucking spectacular. You're not wrong btw about seeing a Ganso Bomb, that blew me away the first time I watched the match and how he didn't die is beyond me. Hopefully more people watch it after your glowing praise, because this is without doubt the most slept on match in history to me. People talk about lost territory, lucha or puro footage but at least the hardcore fans of those styles will be aware of those matches, this is from 1960 in feckin' France. If no-one put this up on youtube I doubt it would ever have been discovered. You're right as well about them getting a perfect balance between 'holy shit the matwork is amazing' whilst still retaining a sense of fight and grittiness in each exchange, it doesn't feel like an exhibition in the slightest which is remarkable given the counters and holds they're able to demonstrate.

I recommend you give Grey vs Myers a chance though if you get time, really think you'll enjoy the subtle character dynamic and fluid chemistry they possess.

Last edited by WOOLCOCK : 10-08-2012 at 06:43 PM.
WOOLCOCK is offline   Reply With Quote