Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Indy Wrestling, Lucha Underground, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Small guys as Main Eventers
View Single Post
post #32 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 07:32 PM
O-Dog
Tryna find these lil marks and smoke 'em!!!

Re: Small guys as Main Eventers

As for a smaller guy who could have made it as face of the company, I feel Jericho would have been up for it. One of the few smaller guys at the time who had the complete package.

I view the Benoit/Guerrero pushes similar to the HBK/Bret pushes. Vince was coming off of losing his 2 biggest stars and had to do something to keep the wheels turning and took a chance. It both cases, it benefited the careers of those involved, but not so much WWE. Also, Bret was given 4-5 years as the top main eventer in the company, with HBK close by. Benoit & Guerrero would bounce around between main event to mid card because, IMO, it was never Vince's intention to make either man a legit main eventer, considering WWE had been grooming Cena & Orton to become stars, 2 guys who mirrored the recipe of success that Vince hit big with nearly 20 years prior.

Also, I can't help but think that if Brock never left, possibly Eddie, Chris or both would have never got that main event opportunity, as Brock staying would have really shook things up.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome