Wrestling Forum banner

What could the WWE do to rebuild the Divas Div

6K views 71 replies 45 participants last post by  americanoutlaw 
#1 ·
We all know that the WWE divas div is in one big mess right now and it need to fix right. So could the WWE do to fix the divas div to hope to get it back on the right track. Post your ideas here for what you think could be done to fix the divas div

1-Go back to the Women div and being back the women title

2-Hired more roster ready women like Josette BynummNikki Roxxi and Mercedes Martinez

3-Maybe like having Sara Del Ray as a diva trainer maybe try to get Someone like Jazz,Jacqueline or ever Sarya Knight as trainers

4-Build the new women div around Paige

#4 ·
1. Your #1 and mine are the same. Eliminate the Cupcake Butterfly belt, bring back the Women's Championship. Have one of the more skillful women (Ohai, Natalya!) do what Cody did in-storyline for the IC belt.

2. I'd go a step further and eliminate the gender division as far as nomenclature. Men and women who work in-ring are Superstars, Managers & Valets - and I'd like to see more of those! - can be Divas.

3. STORYLINES. Storylines that don't revolve around "You're fat and this other one has fake hair." Storylines ABOUT the title. (I have actually liked this "Who whacked Kaitlyn?" struggle, since before then the title was basically unacknowledged and undefended. It was like WWE forgot Layla had the belt in the trunk of her car since Extreme Rules.)

4. The theme music situation is dire. It's all very sweet and interchangeable.

5. STORYLINES. I would even accept romance storylines, if they were the kind of things grown ups would like to watch and not sweaty palmed adolescent boys.

#6 ·
Hate to sound sexist but frankly they just need to go back to the old formula of having the good divas do the wrestling and those who can't wrestle that well be the eye candy, Doing all the bikini contests and bra & panties matches and such. That was when the division was at it's best tbh. The likes of Torrie/Stacy being the eye candy while Divas like Trish, Molly, Lita & Victoria doing the wrestling/having the main storylines

#7 · (Edited)
Better gimmiks. I mean deep characters, not only:

"Oh, you used my last tampon! I hate you!
"You slept with my boyfriend! Nooo!"
"You are a Barbie, you have nothing in your brain!"
"You are not beautiful, you are ugly and just jealous!"

Feuds, that make a SENSE! And some good promo time! GOOD Promos! Where fans don't even think about leaving their seats.
And let them do some badass moves in the ring, they can do better than
this!

I hope signing Sara Del Rey to train girls was a good sign for the future.

3. STORYLINES. Storylines that don't revolve around "You're fat and this other one has fake hair." Storylines ABOUT the title.
^ THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS FUCKING THIS!!!!!

#13 ·
They need to do a complete overhaul when it comes to the talent. Get rid off or send the untalented barbies back to training and keep the ones that can talk as managers for wrestlers who lack mic skills. They also need to give the divas gimmicks and not have them be generic smiling pretty girl and generic mean girl. Lastly, stroylines would help immensely. Random title matches and feuds make the fans lose even more interest when they already have none.

#16 · (Edited)
Get rid off or send the untalented barbies back to training and keep the ones that can talk as managers for wrestlers who lack mic skills.
So much this! There are lots of midcard guys kind of herp-derpin' around, with no discernable characters and can't work the mic. Oh, for a Sensational Sherri or an Elizabeth, to smooth the way. That could be your eye candy, for the guys who insist that there MUST be some decorative females just kind of being around in a state of undress.

(That came out harsher than I meant it to. Attractive people draw interest. I get it. Hey, I am a proud supporter of Antonio Cesaro's thigh straps and Wade Barrett's beard. I can't judge too hard.)

I actually like Vickie Guerrero's gimmick, and I was disappointed that her daughter quit because while she wasn't any great shakes in the ring, she could have been an excellent manager.

#18 ·
I actually don't mind the term "Divas".

Feature the women's wrestlers more often. There should be a balance between women wrestlers and models. While women in non-wrestling roles shouldn't get all of the focus, the champion and the #1 contender shouldn't get ALL of the focus either. If possible, try having more than one Diva feud going on.

#22 ·
Debut someone new as Kaitlyn's attacker. Don't care who, make her interesting.
Have a #1 Contender's Tournament for the championship. It's working for the tag team division.
The new champion reveals a new championship. It could be the old women's championship or a new design. Anything is better than what they have.
Bring back Kharma when she's back in shape. Hell, bring Lita back for a short run.
If Beth Phoenix wants to leave, let her. Approach her when the division gets better.
Small things like that. You can't ever make the Divas' Division awesome, just make it watchable.

#25 ·
And women who are tired of rampant objectification of women in sport and related enterprises. Jeez. The internet is full of naked ladies. What do you want? The outfits the women's division wrestles in are very form-fitting and revealing. (As are the men's. I'm not complaining about either.) Isn't that enough?

#28 ·
I do not like AJ. At all. BUT, if I'm to be fair she gets the best reactions of any woman on the roster, and last night got a better pop than several of the male wrestlers you see every week.

So, I guess if they were serious and wanted to build it up, they should make her a wrestler again and give her the divas title.

But in reality, not too many people care about women wrestling anymore (if they ever even did).

#29 ·
For all I complain about the Attitude Era, I miss Chyna more than just about everything in this whole world. I think we could stand another one like that. Hopefully the 6 foot tall Russian kickboxer down in FCW will turn out awesomely.

#43 ·
I think it was quite apparent Kharma was being groomed as this generations Chyna before that series of mishaps took place that led to her release.

People seem to forget that the divas division was attracting attention for the first time in a long time during her short but memorable tenure, so when she was out on the shelf plans changed for the worse and they put the entire division on the back burner. They did have plans, but they put all their eggs in one basket (yet again) with only one possible focal point.

#33 ·
if they still want models, well they can get girls as young as 15 then train them until they turn 18, Once they turn 18, put them in developmental until they turn 20. People trained from a very young age tend to be better, we have late bloomers but yeah, if they want a model turn wrestler who will be good, get girls who are at least 15 years of age.

#34 ·
What 15 year old girl is going to want to be in wrestling by the time she turns 20?

Kids change their minds.

In theory it would be a good idea, but there's no guarantee that those they train would stay involved in a program for that long and let alone debut. I know many great male wrestlers started out that young, but the WWE just can't start developmental programs for minors and hope they stick with it...this is money invested, by the time they are old enough to get on television, you could be talking half a million dollars per in kid, with training time, investment, injury pay, etc...

#35 ·
They need to first hire experienced womens wrestlers to work with their rookie divas that WWE train themselves. A rookie diva is more likely to learn more, wrestling a womens wrestler like Sara Del Rey than wrestling Kelly Kelly. Also make the divas unique, and give them characters. Also participating in more matches only available to men might help, although only experienced Divas should be allowed. Also make their story-lines in that caliber that was Mickie/Trish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.