Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - What could the WWE do to rebuild the Divas Div

View Single Post

Old 10-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Asenath
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick

Asenath needs to take rep more seriousAsenath needs to take rep more seriousAsenath needs to take rep more seriousAsenath needs to take rep more seriousAsenath needs to take rep more seriousAsenath needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: What could the WWE do to rebuild the Divas Div

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardysno1fan View Post
The only time womens wrestling is 'entertaining' is to laugh at how awful it is. Trish and Lita were exceptions. Since that golden era I have seen so much shit. I have seen divas break their necks and botch the most simplest of moves all infront of a dead crowd. I am all in favour of equal opportunities and all that but they have had their opportunities and the result is the same. They don't draw. Even the vast majority of women don't cheer or tune in to see the women. They should keep the womens division on NXT untill they can prove they can put on a 10 minute match without botching or boring the crowd to sleep.
There is only so much you can do with a roster of women who were chosen for their physical attributes instead of their desire to perform. Or even worse, the ones who see wrestling as a stepping stone to a career as a pin-up model and not an actual career! And even the good wrestlers, like Gail Kim, were held back by road agents who warned them not to perform to the top of their abilities for fear they'd show up the men.

So, in what universe does Short Matches + No Storylines, or storylines that only peripherally concern the women + subpar or held-back talent = success? If women's wrestling in WWE gets no crowd response, it is because the company has given them nothing to care about.
Asenath is offline   Reply With Quote