Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Jim Cornette removed from ROH creative. Delirious now head booker.

View Single Post

Old 10-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
Concrete
Working on a novel about about nothing

Concrete 2501 - 3000Concrete 2501 - 3000Concrete 2501 - 3000Concrete 2501 - 3000Concrete 2501 - 3000Concrete 2501 - 3000Concrete 2501 - 3000Concrete 2501 - 3000Concrete 2501 - 3000Concrete 2501 - 3000Concrete 2501 - 3000
Default Re: Jim Cornette removed from ROH creative. Delirious now head booker.

I thought the same thing that when Pearce left Johnson was suppose to take over.

I don't know if this will really mean anything in the grand scheme of things but I am going to take the wait and see approach. Cornette seemed to be a problem with the ROH fan base(I'm not sure if he was generally a big hindrance of gaining that many fans) but not the only problem. They also have:
-A roster with workers, for the most part, the fans aren't interested in. Doesn't help that the indy scene in general is in a rut. It will eventually get out of but it will take some time
-Good booking could remedy the fact nobody is caring about most of the roster
-Poor scheduling of TV shows and events
-This is a big one for me. TNA use to run all their TV tapings in the beginning of the month(or after the PPV I don't even remember) then would have house shows and have the PPV > somewhere in there. Everything made sense though. I personally can't rap my head around on how you can invest in the dvds, watch the TV show, and watch the iPPVs and everything > make perfect linear sense. Maybe that is just me and someone can explain how it works.
-Technical difficulties are an issue. First it was GFL's fault and then Ring of Honor that they could do it and they messed up. I know it is a new medium still but that doesn't make fans any less skeptical when buying an iPPV. I heard the Rhode Island iPPV was a great stream even if not as many people purchased it.So I thought things were going to work out. But now I am not sure if I can feel comfortable in the purchase of an iPPV from them if I have the fear that I might miss half of it live. And watching an event live is the only reason I am okay purchasing a wrestling event on my computer.

I want ROH to succeed. I really do. They have a lot of hurrdles to get over right now. Johnson has the time right now to work his way to Final Battle in his own way. It is ROH's biggest event of the year and I think it will be a challenge he needs to take on in making it feel important. He is one of the most interesting characters in ROH history and a pretty smart wrestler. If he can just bring that to his booking ROH could still be okay.
Concrete is online now   Reply With Quote