Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-08-2012, 04:29 PM   #6990 (permalink)
WOOLCOCK
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone

Location: Golfing with Stephen Hawking, he lied about his handicap. Didn't need a golf cart though, I just sat in his lap.
WOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Its been ages since I last watched the 3 stages of hell (christ what an apt name in context) match and have little desire to do so, but from memory I just remember there being no discernable sense of structure, layout, timing or any sense of logic. Pretty sure they were just setting up elaborate spots and huge spots without really building to them or making them matter in the overall context of the match, and it ends up just a horribly botched mess of extravegant ideas riddled with poor execution.

Their overall chemistry is pretty dire and up there as the worst in terms of top guys with a series of matches. Raw in San Antonio and the Taboo Tuesday 04 match (assuming its the one with HBK on one leg and HHH dissecting it all match) are the only two matches of their theirs I'd call very good or above. Ironically enough both are pretty much the lesser matches in terms of build and story compared to the HIAC, Streetfight, 2/3 falls and Last Man Standing match and its no surprise that in a more reserved setting they did away with all the WWE style elements of creating an 'epic' match and just focused on a smart, solid and less overblown match.

As for Batista/HHH, I recall thinking the Wrestlemania match wasn't as bad as it could have been (given Batista's ability at the time and HHH not exactly being my favourite guy to work main event 'spectacles') but its certainly well below the HIAC match which remains their best match by a country mile. Perfect blow off to a star making feud.