Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 3

View Single Post

Old 10-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
LBGetBack
Humbled

LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 3

For me, the only one here that was tough at all was Rakim/Biggie. As much as I loved Biggie....at the end of the day, he didn't rap as well as Rakim, so I went with Rakim. The Eric B and Rakim albums.....all 4 were just a rapping clinic. Rakim and Nas are the 2 best, and it's only right that they meet in the finals.......probably won't happen though because of the outsized credit that death gives to Pac and BIG and because it's probably a mostly younger crowd that's voting.

Cube over Eminem is such an easy pick. Eminem has never made music on the level that Cube made it from 88-93. I only hope all those little obnoxious, obsessed Eminem fans that used to overrun rap music discussions on here have disappeared for good. I'm pleasnantly surprised with the respect Cube has gotten so far here......I remember when I used to have to argue with many who weren't giving him his props. Hell, that's why I put Death Certificate as my picture, so people would know what the deal is!

Pac/Jay was an easy choice for me. I like Jay, but always felt he was elevated in importance a bit by default at some point. His hype that started in 98-99 always felt a bit forced to me. He was good, but he wasn't THAT good. Like Jay's arguable best album came out when Pac was still alive.....and nobody was saying Jay was better than Pac then. 15 years of mostly mediore(a few major exceptions) music doesn't change that.

Nas/Mos isn't even worth discussing, even though I like Mos. It might've been an argument in like 2000 when Nas was coming off his worst album and Mos was coming off his best album and was every underground fans big hope. Mos has only put out one good album since, and Nas bounced back with Stillmatic and has kept going strong since. Easy choice.
LBGetBack is offline   Reply With Quote