Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - General Movie Discussion Part II (part III coming soon)

View Single Post

Old 10-08-2012, 03:01 PM   #302 (permalink)
Bubz
All in the reflexes

Bubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselves
Default Re: General Movie Discussion Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
saw the Master. Phoenix was like watching Marlin Brando in On the Waterfront. It was so unbelievable, his performance. His body positioning, his lip thing he did, how he squinted his eyes. I predict at least a Best Male Performance nominee, if not the oscar.

the movie was good too, not going to win best picture though.
One of the best performances ever. Can't wait for The Master.

Just watched Le Cercle Rouge, a french crime noir from 1970 by Jean-Pierre Meville. Brilliant movie, and Melville is slowly becoming one of my favourite directors and I've only seen two films of his, the other being Le Samourai. This wasn't quite as good as that, but that's not a bad thing because that's a masterpiece and one of the best movies ever made. This wasn't quite that, but it was still amazing, and so much better than any crime/heist movie since imo. Every scene is just so stylish and incredibly cool, so are the performances. Alain Delon is one of the coolest motherfuckers I've ever seen. The film is stylish, but there's also a ton of substance to back it up with great themes running throughout. The best robbery/heist scene ever put on film imo, so tense and so intricately thought out it's amazing. The last line of dialogue was such a perfect end, and I remember talking about the 'best last lines' or something on here, well, this is up there. Just brings the film to a great conclusion and sums it up perfectly. Brilliant. If you haven't seen the work of Jean-Pierre Meliville then I seriously recommend it to anyone who loves movies, and anyone who wants to see a true master at work.

Last edited by Bubz : 10-08-2012 at 06:31 PM.